Ch.9: The Devil Shops?

Ace caries Maiz down the stairs after pulling on a light jacket, his hold on the baby is tight as he practically tiptoes down the stairs. He can hear Travis in the living room surprisingly without a whore right now but Ace has no doubt that one will show up later. Bree on the other hand already has a client in the kitchen. Why does she have to have her clients in the kitchen where people eat? She has her own bedroom.

Maiz looks up at Ace as he walks out the front door. Ace wonders what the child is thinking and if she understood that both her biological parents wanted to have her drowned. Ace decides immediately that he will be the best big brother Maiz could possibly have, no matter the cost.

Ace's jaw drops as he looks at the curb to find a sleek black Lexus idling with Lucifer leaning against the passenger door with a smile. Lucifer already conjured up the newest and safest model of car seat from Britax and magically installed it into the backseat.

"What is this?" Ace asked(S) in a shocked voice as he stares at the shiny black car. "How did you get this?"

"This is the 2016 GS-F Lexus, I got it before it even came out yet," Lucifer says proudly. "I always get first pick on everything,"

"Cool," Ace comments with a smile that Lucifer loves to see. "But I can't take her in the car without a seat,"

Lucifer smiles as he opens the back door. "I already took care of that,"

Ace peers into the backseat to find a black and green infant seat already strapped in the middle of the backseat. Ace furrows his eyebrows as it registers in his mind, how did Lucifer get a car seat as well as his car here so fast?

"Lucifer?" Ace asks as he looks up at the tall man. "How did you get these here so fast?"

Lucifer understands his question so he gives the young human boy a smirk. "I can teleport and conjure things, Ace,"

"So you conjured a car and car seat?"

"No, I conjured the car seat, I already had the car so I teleported to pick it up,"

"Oh," Ace says with furrowed brows. "How far does this conjuring go?"

"I can conjure up anything that is real as long as it is not something ridiculous like a planet or another human,"

"So you can conjure up baby supplies?" Ace wonders.

"Yes,"

"Then why can't you just do that? Does it drain you to conjure things?"

"I could conjure up everything that you need for Maiz, and no it does not drain me, and I want to take you shopping, Ace. I don't know what it is about you, but I want to get to know you better and taking you shopping will help,"

"You're still on that whole 'get to know me' thing?" Ace asks as he rolls his eyes. "I already told you that there is nothing interesting about me so there really isn't much to learn. You already know how my parents are, what more do you want?"

"Everything," Lucifer's answer is automatic and he wonders why. Why does he want to learn everything about Ace? Why is he so fascinated with this human boy? Lucifer has always found the humans amusing, but he has never been tempted enough to get to know one like he wants with Ace.

Who is this Ace Nova Williams? Lucifer thinks to himself as he watches the young boy strap the infant into her car seat. He is only human, so how is he able to fascinate me and capture my attention so well?

"Are you sure you want to do this? I mean, I can't pay you back, Lucifer," Ace says after shutting the back passenger door.

Lucifer smiles at the worried look on the tall boys handsome face. "I am positive that I want to do this, Ace," Lucifer says before he opens the front passenger's door for him. "Now get in before she gets hungry,"