Ch.39: Perfect

"What is this?" Ace asks as he pulls away from Lucifer's chest.

Lucifer came to him in the library and said he had something to show him, then he teleported them to someplace filled with demons. Not even the village had so many demons, so this is very exciting for Ace. Ace loves to meet new demons and see how each one is different. Each demon looks like they are a whole new species of demon, and you can tell which demon has more wealth than the others.

Lucifer looks around in pure joy. "It is more crowded than I was expecting," He chuckles. "I was expecting less than a hundred to show up on the first day, but this place is packed,"

"Where are we?" Ace asks again, hoping to get an answer this time.

"You'll see," Lucifer grins wide. "A few months ago Azaziah asked me a question, and I loved it so much that I needed to see more. This is the result of getting more,"

"What?" Ace asks, clearly not following what Lucifer is saying.

Lucifer grins even wider, his pearly white teeth glinting under the sun. "Come, my love, we can cut to the front of the line just this once. We are honored guests after all,"

"We are?" Ace asks as Lucifer drags him along. "Is that because you're king of the place?"

"Well, that too," Lucifer answers.

"Too? What other reason could there be?"

"Let's just say, this is our party and we are the center of attention,"

"What?" Ace asks with wide eyes. "Lucifer, you are making zero sense right now,"

"Then wait and be surprised, my love," Lucifer chuckles.

Ace shakes his head still confused but follows after him nonetheless. As Ace follows, he notices demons pointing at them, they bow as they pass, and whispers start to circulate. Ace can't pick up any of the words, but he has a feeling they are about him and Lucifer.

"Sire," Basil greets as they make it to the front doors. "The vendors are in the back like you instructed,"

"Good, very good," Lucifer grins wide. "And people know about them?"

"Yes, sire, plenty are already giving their business to the vendors,"

"Wonderful," Lucifer grins. "And the exhibits?"

Basil glances at Ace, who in turn raises a curious eyebrow. Ace hates being in the dark, he was never one for surprises due to the fact that surprises always meant something horrible on Earth.

"The exhibits are proving very well, sire. Demons from all over Hell have come, just as you predicted,"

"I never thought they would come today, though," Lucifer snorts. "I meant later on when word got out more. You know, word of mouth and all that?"

"When the king of Hell opens up a new place, demons are bound to show up, my lord," Basil informs.

"Yes, well," Lucifer chuckles. "I'm just glad people showed up,"

Ace lets out a frustrated sigh. Being in the dark is not doing him any good. It is just making him grumpy, and he really doesn't want to be grumpy.

Lucifer squeezes Ace's hand in his and smiles at him. "All right, my impatient little mate, are you ready?"

"Yes, I've been ready," Ace mutters.

Lucifer leans down and presses his lips to Ace's forehead for a brief moment before he pulls back and motions for Basil to let them through. The doors are wide open, allowing access to the building, but Basil was blocking the entrance, making sure only a certain amount of people entered at a time.

"Welcome to Hell's very first art museum," Lucifer says with open arms as they enter the building.

Ace knits his eyebrows together in confusion for all of five seconds before he gets a look inside. Demons crowd the place, but Ace can still make out the main attractions. Or the more appropriate word, exhibits.

Ace's jaw drops. Everywhere he looks there's him. Him and Lucifer. Everywhere.

Ace isn't sure if he should be excited, confused, happy, or even uncomfortable. He isn't sure what emotion he should have right now. His mind is blank, with all but one thought in his head.

"Was I cloned?" He asks aloud.

Lucifer tilts his head at him before laughing. "They do look very similar to you,"

Ace shakes his head. "No, Lucifer, they look exactly like me," He moves to a statue of himself and looks it up and down closely. "Every single thing about this is exactly like me. I'd bet you anything that this statue is the exact height I am even,"

"Well, Azaziah is the master of art," Lucifer replies. "I also might have told him nothing but perfection would be tolerated,"

Ace has wide eyes as he moves to the next statue, this one of him and Lucifer both. The statue shows the major height difference between them and Ace would bet anything that these are the exact heights of him and Lucifer as well.

There is something mesmerizing about the statue. Something that draws you in. They look like some kind of power couple. And Ace has to admit, they look good together. Their complexions, appearances, the way they both hold themselves; they look like they belong together. Well, they are mates after all. Ace has just never seen them together like this because he doesn't really count mirrors.

"This is crazy!" Ace laughs. He decided he would be excited and happy. "This is amazing!"

"Then you like it?" Lucifer asks. From his mood just now, Lucifer was unsure how Ace would react.

"Yes! I love it!" Ace laughs. "They look just like us, everything is perfect,"

"Perfect," Lucifer whispers under his breath. "Yes, they are perfect, just like you,"

Ace giggles as he runs off to look at everything else. Lucifer makes sure that he is close by, though, while still giving the human his space. Lucifer doesn't trust every demon in Hell, and this would be the perfect opportunity for someone to try and harm the human, so Lucifer makes sure that the boy is always in his sight. And there is also the fact that Ace has not adapted to Hell's heat yet, so the boy will still fry if Lucifer is not there to cool the atmosphere for him.

"He seems to be enjoying himself," Azaziah says as he suddenly appears next to Lucifer.

Lucifer grins as he watches Ace inspect a water painting. "Yes, very much," He says happily. "Thank you, Azaziah, for making this possible. Everything is perfect,"

Azaziah bows his head respectfully. "Of course, sire. If you ever need anything else, just let me know,"

Lucifer grins even wider as he nods his head. "We do enjoy your candy shop very much, so we'll be seeing you a lot more,"

"I look forward to it, my king," He says with his head still bowed.