Ch.27: Heaven in Hell

It's been four months since Ace and Maiz came to live in Hell. Ace has gotten to know most of the staff in the castle by now and even found a routine that works for him to keep himself busy while Lucifer works. As much as Lucifer wants to stay with Ace all day, he can't abandon his own duties. Like torturing Travis and Hitler and all those damned animal abusers.

While Lucifer works, Ace has his own jobs to do. After breakfast, he drops Maiz off with Sage, then he goes to the gardens and takes care of the plants for the morning until lunch. When lunch comes around, he picks Maiz up from Sage, so she can eat with him and Lucifer. After lunch, Maiz goes back to Sage. Then Ace goes to the library to read up on the history of Hell or any other book he can manage to read.

Hell has a language all its own, to which Lucifer used his magic to allow Ace to understand the other demons. Ace wants to learn how to speak and read the language on his own though and rely less on Lucifer's magic. If Ace is going to be spending the rest of eternity here in Hell, he has plenty of time to learn the native language and alphabet.

After spending two hours in the library, Ace moves to the mail room to help sort through mail. Lucifer even gave him permission to read the complaint mail to see if anything catches his eye. Lucifer knows Ace will find something he will be able to fix, that's just the way Ace is. Lucifer has no problem with Ace seeing through to the complaint mail. If Ace can solve a problem, then the demons of Hell will be more likely to accept him.

Lucifer sighs as he shuts his laptop. He rubs both his temples with two fingers each before standing up. Today has been a busy day. More damned souls are entering Hell by the day. Something to do with terrorists that go by the name Isis.

Lucifer finds the terrorist's name to be odd. In mythology, Isis is the Egyptian goddess of marriage, fertility, motherhood, magic, and medicine. So how did terrorists come up with their name? Lucifer doesn't care too much to actually find out. All their souls will be his one day.

Lucifer leaves his office and walks down the empty corridors. He knows where he will find Ace, not only can he feel his mate in the castle, but he knows Ace's routine. Lucifer makes a detour to let Sage know that Ace will be late to picking Maiz up later as he would be taking the boy out of the castle for a while. Sage had no problem with watching the young human girl longer.

Lucifer finds Ace exactly where he knew he would, in the mail room. Ace doesn't notice Lucifer's presence, not even when the staff bow to their king. Ace is to busy sorting through complaint mail. Who would have guessed that Hell would have so much complaint mail?

"Love," Ace doesn't hear Lucifer though. Instead, the boy grabs another stack of mail so he can sort out all the complaint mail. Lucifer chuckles as he motions for the staff to continue what they were doing. Then he walks up to Ace and wraps his arms around him.

Ace jumps in fright, but he quickly realizes who it is holding him.

"Lucifer, you scared me," He grumbles. "What are you doing here?" Usually Ace doesn't see Lucifer until dinner after he picks Maiz up.

Lucifer kisses his small mate on the side of the head. "I needed a break. So, I thought I would take you out of the castle. There is something I need to do that only gets done once a month,"

"What is it?" Ace asks curiously as he sets the mail he was holding down onto the worktable.

"I think you'll like it," Lucifer smiles. "Come, my love, take a break,"

"Okay," Ace says as he gets out of his chair and allows Lucifer to lead him out of the room.

"We will teleport there as it is too far to walk," Lucifer informs.