Ch.35: Actually

"What did he want?" Lucifer asks for the umpteenth time in the span of ten minutes.

Ace sighs with closed eyes. He doesn't really want to share with Lucifer what God showed him and he doesn't completely understand why. A part of him feels guilty that a future him could be happy with someone else other than Lucifer. He doesn't want Lucifer to feel upset or jealous over a life that hadn't even happened. So, Ace is keeping a tight lip on the subject, only saying that he and God had a chat.

"We just talked, Lucifer," Ace says with a groan. "Now, can you please drop it?"

Lucifer gives him a pleading look that Ace is weak against. Ace has to close his eyes again and look away.

"No, Lucifer, I am not giving in," He says stubbornly. "He was just answering a few questions I had, nothing you need to think about,"

"But," Lucifer begins but stops when Ace snaps his head to him and glares at him. Then, Lucifer sighs dramatically and pouts. "Fine," He grumbles. He really wanted to know what his father and his mate talked about and why it had to be in private.

"What did you do while I was with God?" Ace asks curiously.

Lucifer grimaces at him. "I had to visit with the angels. Which meant seeing my siblings as well, which I was not pleased with one bit. However, I am glad you were not there, my siblings are insufferable. Oh, and Michael is a man whore who would have tried to get into your pants the second he saw you, and then I would have been forced to rip his head off," He ends with an evil smile that actually has Ace squirming a bit.

"A man whore?" Ace asks curiously. Although, he isn't quite sure he wants to know the details by the dark look on Lucifer's face suddenly.

"Yes, he will fuck any soul he can get his hands on, literally," The look on his face darkens. "My father has had to confine him before because he gets so out of hand. Stay away from him the most, Ace, I mean it,"

Ace shakes his head. "Honestly, I don't feel the need to meet any of your siblings if that's the way you speak of them,"

Lucifer grins wide at that. "Good, then it is settled, you will not meet any of them, ever,"

"Okay," Ace chuckles.

"Now," Lucifer says. "Let us sleep, my father and I have a meeting about Tempest in the morning,"

Ace nods his head as Lucifer pulls him to his naked body. The two of them make themselves comfortable in the large king-sized bed. It doesn't take long for Lucifer to fall asleep, however, Ace has a harder time. His mind just cannot be silent. All Ace can think about was that possible future God showed him. He was so happy in that life.

Ace keeps wondering why he didn't choose to live a happy life on Earth just once before suffering from Travis and Bree. Sure, God said he was impatient and wanted to get to Lucifer as quickly as possible, but still, why didn't he want to experience a happy life on Earth at least once? Yes, Ace is happy with Lucifer now, but he can't help wondering. What would a happy Earth experience really feel like?

These kinds of questions run through his head, making it impossible to fall asleep. It isn't until early in the morning when the sky starts to turn a grey shade that Ace's brain finally quiets down and allows him to pass out.

*****666*****

Ace awakens to an empty bed. The sun is high in the sky and he has no idea where Lucifer and Tempest have gone. It takes Ace a few moments to fully awaken, that is when he remembers Lucifer had a meeting with God and he was taking Tempest with him. Something about having to discuss Tempest being Lucifer's heir should he ever retire.