Ch.34: TV in Heaven?

After dinner, God sent Lucifer away so that he could speak with Ace privately without the older man leering over their shoulders suspiciously. Of course, that didn't please Lucifer very much, so God all but forced him away and gave him a job to do. Ace could do nothing but snicker at how God berated Lucifer like he was a small child and then proceeded to slam the door in his face.

Ace loves the family bond between Lucifer and his father. They act like friends, and yet, they also respect each other as son and father. Lucifer obeys his father, eventually, and pouts when he doesn't want to do something God tells him to. They have that father and son relationship Ace never got. At least not that Ace remembers, he isn't sure if he only lived this lift or if he was reincarnated before.

Currently, God fiddles with a TV remote. The way he pushes buttons makes Ace believe he doesn't know how to use it. After God finally got rid of Lucifer, he led Ace to a new room in the castle. This room has a lot of dark cherry wood and leather bound books. If Ace isn't mistaken, he would say this was an office, perhaps even God's official office space.

Ace sits on a black leather couch across from a huge TV that takes up half the wooden wall. The screen is black as God continues to fiddle with the remote as if he has no clue what he is doing. Ace wonders why God is messing with the remote at all when he said he wanted to talk. Are they going to watch TV as they talk?

Ace would not be surprised if God has cable TV from Earth because Lucifer gets cable TV from Earth and he's located in Hell. They also get Hellian TV, though, which is always pretty interesting to watch. Hellian TV is just like Earthling TV, only they are demons and not humans doing the broadcasting, acting, and news. Hell, Ace even stumbled upon a Hellian weather channel once.

"Here we go," God finally says with a relieved sigh. "So many numbers," He groans dramatically. Then, he plops himself down on the couch right next to Ace. "Now, I know you have a few questions, well, a lot actually. And Lucifer did mention a few things to me in private. So, I am here to explain a few things to you, and the best way to do that is to show you,"

"Show me?" Ace asks curiously. "Show me what?"

God smiles warmly at the human. "You've always wondered why you had the family you did. And Lucifer explained to you that I allow the souls to pick their families before they go to Earth. You wonder why you chose that particular family, with Travis and Bree Williams. Am I correct?"

Ace nods his head slowly. "Yeah," He says quietly. "They were horrible people," He mutters.

"Correction, Travis was horrible, Bree was just horribly influenced and stuck. Do you not agree? After all, you gave her such a swift death compared to Travis,"

Ace winces at God mentioning his murders. Ace completely forgot that God would know about that. He bites his bottom lip in embarrassment and shame as he looks away, afraid to look God in the eye. Then, he slowly nods his head as an agreement to God's question.

"Do not feel any shame or embarrassment, Ace, that was your plan all along,"

Ace blinks confused as he snaps his head back to God. "What do you mean, my plan all along?"

"When you chose them as your parents, you knew it would end with you killing them both. We discussed it and decided that it was the best course of action,"

"Best course of action?" Ace asks almost appalled. "Isn't murder a sin, though? Why would you agree that it was any sort of action?"

"Yes, it is a sin. Murder will land you in Hell if it is not justifiable. I'm sure Lucifer explained that to you, right? How you can get away with murder and still come to Heaven?"