Ch.36: Michael

The blue dust left over from Actually fades away before it ever touches the marble flooring. Ace is terribly confused on what just happened. One second Actually is telling him about Soul Death's, then, the next he is screaming and vanishing.

Ace has to blink a few times to get the spots out of his eyes from how bright Actually got. Ace shakes his head to clear it so he can try and make sense of the whole situation. Ace doesn't know the first thing about souls, so he isn't sure what just happened. He doesn't know if souls have an expiration date of some kind and if Actually just ran out of time. Or if a Soul Death got Actually and killed him. He doesn't know what a dead soul looks like. He doesn't know if a Soul Death can kill him too. And most of all, he doesn't know if he is in any immediate danger and should retreat back into the bedroom behind him.

"You must be a great fuck," A voice suddenly says.

Ace snaps his attention to the end of the hall where the voice came from. As soon as Ace sees him, he takes a step back in almost fear. If Lucifer was worried and warned him, it had to have been for a good reason, right? Besides the fact that he hates them, they must really be dangerous for Lucifer to warn him to stay away.

There is no doubt in Ace's mind that the man at the end of the hall is not only an angel but a brother of Lucifer's. He looks like a carbon copy of Lucifer, only his hair is white and he is a few inches shorter than Lucifer's seven feet.

His face looks so much like Lucifer's that Ace has to take a moment to realize it is not, in fact, the man. But in a way, this man has sharper features than Lucifer. His nose and chin have sharper points to them and his cheekbones are sharper and show more prominently.

His hair is an almost blinding white, so white that Ace can't properly look at it. He does, however, notice that his hair is straight and to the middle of his back. It flows over both his shoulders and down his back.

His clothing is even white. His shirt is white and sleeveless to show off the defined muscles of his arms. His pants are a tight white leather with bare feet. Currently, his arms are crossed over his chest as if he were irritated by something.

"Are you a great fuck?" He asks. His voice is nothing like Lucifer's. His voice is like a sharp melody. A voice that is both beautiful and frightening.

As his words register in Ace's mind something snaps in him. Who does this guy think he is talking to him like that? Sure, he's an angel and a son of God, but that doesn't give him a right to talk like that.

"Excuse me?" Ace asks with enough sass dripping from his words to fill a swimming pool.

The man's eyes narrow, obviously not liking Ace's response and attitude. The man takes a few steps closer so he is only a few feet away from Ace now. Ace stands his ground, his stubborn side refusing to allow him to realize the dangerous and predatory look the angel is giving him.

"I said," The angel says with his top lip curled in disgust. "Are you a great fuck? You must be if Lucifer chose you, a human, as his mate,"

Ace does not appreciate the way the man looks him up and down. He can't figure out if it was a suggestive look or one of disgust. Either way, Ace did not like it one bit.

"Why would Lucifer choose a human for his mate? He could have anyone he wanted, but he chose a human from Earth," He spits out disgusted.

A small, very faint, voice in the back of his head tells Ace to back up and escape into the bedroom where he will be safe, but his stubborn side stomps out the voice. His stubborn side tells Ace, in a much louder voice, that he will be fine, that he can take on this bastard if it comes down to it.