Ch.32: Welcome to Heaven

Lucifer looks at the room they stand in, his eyes sweeping around it for only a moment. His father was right, everything is still the same as it was when he once lived here. A tingle down his spine lets Lucifer know that God is aware that he is here. Lucifer glances down at his pretty boy; he hopes Ace will enjoy this little trip, otherwise, Lucifer will feel terrible for bringing him here.

Lucifer sighs as he kisses Ace on the head and unwraps his arm from around him. "Love, we're here,"

Ace opens his eyes and unwraps one arm from Lucifer's middle to look around. They stand in a bedroom similar to their bedroom back in Hell. With almost blindingly white walls and marble floors specked with black. Other than the white walls and marble flooring, everything else is in black, red, and dark purple. A king sized canopy bed with dark purple curtains, red bedding, and a black headboard with intricate gold carvings.

A black nightstand that matches the headboard sits on either side of the bed. A black couch sits across from the foot of the bed pushed up against a wall. A matching recliner and ottoman accompany the black couch. On either side of the couch houses a tall potted plant with the greenest leaves Ace has ever seen.

Just like their room back in Hell, a red door leads into a bathroom, and huge floor-to-ceiling red mahogany doors lead out of the room. A floor-to-ceiling window takes up the entire farthest wall, with a set of glass doors leading out onto a balcony. Ace isn't quite sure how to get out onto the balcony because the doors have no handles.

Ace glances up at Lucifer who nods his head and gives him a little push forward. Ace giggles as he runs to the window to look outside. Ace gasps as he sees how high up they are, but the height is not what amazes him.

"Are we on an island?" He wonders as he looks out at the ocean water.

The water is so clear and blue, the kind you see on a tropical island. The sky is a pretty baby blue with not a single cloud in sight, in fact, Ace cannot even spot the sun. A beach with pretty golden sand can also be seen the further Ace looks down.

Lucifer smiles at his excited mate before he moves forward and pushes on an almost invisible button on the glass doors. The doors swing open freely, letting in the slightly warm, yet still cool, breeze in. Ace gasps again as he walks out onto the gold balcony. The fencing has the same intricate designs as the headboard and nightstands, only they are cut out of the fence to allow one to see through them.

"Why is it so warm and cool at the same time?" Ace wonders curiously. "It reminds me of something," He bites his bottom lip in thought.

Lucifer sets Tempest on the ground, the child immediately crawls out onto the balcony. Lucifer is not worried about the child getting hurt, though, there is no possible way for the child to fall. The intricate gaps are not even wide enough for the child to stick his hand through, but also because the balcony's all have an enchantment on them so one cannot fall over the edge. Not that the child would die, because no one dies in Heaven. If you were to fall from a height you would end up floating to the ground gently. Not even a scraped knee is possible here.

Lucifer then wraps his arms around Ace from behind. He looks out at the water with a smile. He sure has missed home, even if he won't admit it. Home is calming and beautiful. Nothing like Hell at all. It almost resembles Earth, however, it would be the other way around because Earth was created from the inspiration of Heaven.

"Welcome to Heaven, my love," Lucifer says gently.

Ace gasps as he looks up so Lucifer's face is upside down. "This is Heaven? We're in Heaven? Like, the Heaven? The Heaven you go to when you die? God's Heaven?"

Lucifer chuckles and bends his head to kiss Ace on the forehead. "What other Heaven have you heard of?" He wonders amused.

Ace shakes his head as he puts it upright again. He stares out at the water. "We're in Heaven?" He says to no one in particular.