Ch.16: Destined

**A/N: First of all, who is excited about the next chapter?  Also, read the Author's Blurb at the end please!** 

Ace smiles at the Hellhounds as Lucifer awaits the arrival of Basil. Lucifer also summoned another by the name of Eryx. Lucifer is hoping that Eryx will have an answer as to why the Hellhounds are acting so strange.

Ace does not hear the loud 'crack' as Basil arrives just outside the gate to the Hellhounds. Ace is too distracted with the Hellhounds to notice anything else going on around him.

Lucifer looks over his shoulder to find Basil and Eryx both standing outside the gate peering in at the odd behavior of the Hellhounds, even the guard watches with wide eyes.

Lucifer pulls Ace closer to the fence, Ace protests the whole time, but then he realizes they have two new visitors. Ace presses his back against Lucifer's chest as he takes in the two visitors.

One of the demons has red skin with black horns atop his head. His eyes are as black as black gets, his thick black nails are long and look sharp enough to cut through bone, and he is bald— showing off the shiny red atop his head.

The next visitor has yellow skin (the yellow of a standard #2 pencil on Earth), one giant horn atop his head, a flat nose that looks to be more like two small holes than anything else, and black eyes that pop with his bright tinted skin. His eyes look like two black holes in the middle of his face. He also wears what looks to be a sandy colored long sleeved tunic, with both his hands hidden in the sleeves and tan sandals that show his black toenails.

"Hello," Ace greets the two visitors.

Lucifer squeezes the boy for only a few seconds before he glances at Eryx. "Something is wrong with the Hellhounds, Eryx, tell me what it is,"

Eryx tilts his head to the side as his eyes shift from the Hellhounds to Lucifer, then back to the Hellhounds. He nods his head once before his eyes change from pure black to a milky white. Ace watches in fascination as the yellow skinned demon stares at the Hellhounds with his milky white eyes.

"Lucifer, what is going on?" Ace wonders as he looks back at the Hellhounds who still stare at him.

"I am not sure, Ace, that is why I have brought Eryx here,"

"Who is Eryx?" Ace asks as he looks up at Lucifer.

Lucifer smiles at the smaller male. "He is the yellow skinned demon. He can read the minds of the Hellhounds and the Damned,"

"Does it hurt the Hellhounds?" Ace asks worriedly as he looks back at the Hellhounds who don't seem to fazed with the demon reading their minds.

"No, my sweet, it does not hurt them," Lucifer informs.

"Sire," Eryx finally says after a minute. Lucifer turns back to the demon, his eyes back to a soulless black.

"What have you found out, Eryx? Why do the hounds act so strange?" Lucifer questions.

"There is nothing wrong with the Hellhounds, my sire," Eryx informs. "They are only excited for the arrival of their new master,"

"Excited?" Ace questions happily as he looks back at the hounds who still stare at him.

"New master? You mean to tell me they recognize Ace as their second master?" Lucifer questions Eryx.

"Yes, my lord, they recognize your mate as their king as well, their master. They all say the same thing,"

"Which is?" Lucifer asks impatiently.

Eryx slides his gaze to Ace, who shivers under the scorching look he receives. Lucifer tightens his hold on the boy again as he glares at Eryx.