•three•

I wake up to see bright lights shining in my face, and Jenna and Lin sitting on the couch next to my bed. I look around to see I am in a hospital room. I sit up and look over at Lin and Jenna and ask, "What happened?"

"You were running out of theater and to your school, and collapsed from lack of energy. Luckily I was looking out the window, and saw you fall. You didn't tell you weren't eating anything either," Lin explained while I was looking down and messing with the paper thin hospital gown I was wearing. "And you are being beaten, you can't live with them anymore, I won't let-"

"Wait," Jenna interjected, "how come I didn't know about this? Elizabeth, sweetheart," Jenna said while approaching me and grabbing my hand, "I can't allow you to live there anymore. I will gladly transfer you as soon as we find a home. We will make arrangements until we find a willing family for you."

"I could foster her, she would live in an extra dressing room. Her door would lock, and so would the theater. Someone would always be there, even on Mondays we could arrange something, would that work?" Lin asks and a big smile shows up on my face. I really hope Jenna approves.

"That sounds amazing, Elizabeth," Jenna says and looks my direction, "what do you think?"

"I would love to do that," I said looking at Lin with a big toothy smile on my face.

"When we leave, I'll take you shopping and we can get stuff for your new room. I'll text Javi, he's my alternate, he can do the matinee today." Lin walked out of the room and the doctor walked into the room.

"I have good news and bad news. The bad news, you were very malnurtured, and that caused you to pass out, but the good news is that there's nothing broken, but be careful with all of the bruises," the doctor said before smiling and tell us we were free to go. I get dressed, while Jenna signs the papers of my discharge, and Lin signed the papers so he could be my new foster father. I walk out to Lin and say goodbye to Jenna.

Lin and I walk to his car, and he drives us to Target while we get to know each other. "So tell me about yourself," he says.

"Well, My name is Elizabeth, I'm 15. I have been in the system for 4 years, I have a brother but haven't seen him since we were put into the system. I love Broadway musicals, I don't really know what else to say."

"Wait, you have a brother? What is his name?" Lin asked.

"His name is Neil, he's sixteen now because he is one year older than me."

"Oh okay. Tell me more about you," Lin says, I think he noticed I was getting sad talking about Neil. I miss him.

I tell Lin more about me like my favorite color, favorite food, and more. We pull into the parking lot of Target and start to walk into the store. "Since light blue is your favorite color, why don't we make that the theme of your new room?"

"That's a good idea," I say and smile at him. We get a white comforter with light blue flowers on it, with matching blue sheets for my bed which they already at the theater. I got a lamp, cute throw pillows, and all the necessities. I looked at my watch which read, 1:26, then I realized I was supposed to be somewhere to be. "Wait," I say and Lin and I stop walking. "What about school today?"

"Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Um, you were at the hospital today, and you just wanted to relax today. Just say that."