Chapter 15

"What happened with Peter then?" Marlene asks me as we all ready ourselves for bed. Peter and I were up on the roof for ages talking, and I got pretty tired out from laughing so much.

"Well," I say quietly, walking closer to her, "we're now together." Marlene grinned so wide her face looked elasticated. I showed her a small smile to, not making such a big deal. "Don't tell the world though, I don't want to show off,"

"I don't approve of Peter myself to be honest, he's a bit of an idiot," Marlene shrugs, "but I'm happy and maybe you could change him, is that what usually happens in relationships - I do not know for I haven't actually been in one myself."

"There's always Uri, who you could try and make him like you." I smirk a little, throwing myself upon my bed. She sat beside me, drying her hair with a towel.

"I'm not like you," Marlene sighs, "you're really pretty and literally everyone likes you."

"Shut up, Peter's the only one that's taken a liking to me." I roll my eyes. "I'm tired, I'm going to sleep. I'll talk to you later, I'm always here, okay?"

She sighed, standing up and running a hand through her damp hair. "I'll see you later then."

***

Peter came up to me while I was eating alone in the cafeteria. All my friends had decided to wander around the Pit, however I was desperate for food. He sat opposite me, picking up one of the muffins resting beside my plate. I set down my burger and glared at Peter and my muffin as the baked delight was torn in half and thrown into Peter's mouth.

"How could you?" I snap. "Can't you see I'm hungry?"

"Well hello to you too, Jones," he sarcastically exclaimed. "I thought you'd be a tiny bit nicer since we're together now."

"Just because you happen to be my boyfriend doesn't mean that you're suddenly the most perfect person in the world to me," I rolled my eyes. "I want the other half of my muffin back."

"You've already eaten a burger." Peter rolls his eyes. "You don't need this muffin half when you have that other muffin beside you."

I frown, pushing away my empty plate and collecting my other muffin. "Fine. Take the stupid muffin you asshole."  I stand up with Peter following me. He slides his arm around my waist, holding on gently. The feeling makes all the anger I have towards him melt like ice.

"I'll get you something if the loss of your muffin was that extreme to you." Peter tells me as we leave the cafeteria.

"I'm not pathetic," I scoff, "however I think I would like you to buy me a little something." Free shopping trip? Hell yeah!

"And what is that you'd like?" Peter asked me as we reached the Pit. "I'm not getting you anything too much."

"Food's very important to me, so don't expect me to stop on lipstick or a top..." I grin evilly. I had an excuse to use up Peter's points that we use to buy things with - or to make him think I am. He looks at me with a slight fear in his eyes, following me as I wander through the clothes store. I pick up many cute tops, shoes and earrings that make Peter gasp at their worth. His expressions bring me joy and pleasure; his fear something I could feed off of.

"How long left?." Peter ran a hand through his hair, glancing to the door.

"I don't know, I'll just shop till I drop - or in this case until your initiate points drop," I giggle.