Chapter 56

The first chapter for my new Draco Malfoy fanfic is up! Go check it out it you like HP!💕

When I go back to the hospital to check my scans, they tell me that my ribs are healing and that the injuries to my head haven't gotten any worse, but have improved. I've been handed cases of medication and been advised to take it easy. That evening I sit in the dorm with a loss of hunger, the screen with my mother's file in my hands. Peter tried to persuade me to get something to eat but I lied and said that my chest made it hard to swallow. Surprisingly, he believed it and left me in peace. I click on the screen and find my place, continuing to read.

Adam and I spoke quite a bit after that. We'd meet after dark because you wouldn't necessarily see people from other factions mixing intentionally. We'd meet in Millennium Park, by the nearest train platform. We'd talk and talk, sometimes till the sun rose. I enjoyed his company, and he enjoyed mine. Even when we were in silence, it was comforting. I think sometime during that year period I fell for him, but I didn't want to show it. I always thought he was too smart, and I was told that GP's and GD's shouldn't have children - all these pathetic theories.

I remember the day I went for my Aptitude Test. I managed to get three factions: Candor, Dauntless and Erudite. Obviously, I knew it was because of my pure genes but here they called it Divergence. In the city I was dangerous. Outside I was a miracle. It wasn't until later the fact that the Erudite were hunting Divergents scared me. All I did from then on was worry about my purpose in the city.

The Choosing Ceremony came around quicker than I thought. I knew had to choose Dauntless, but Adam was set for Erudite. I didn't want to go into a faction without him because I had grown to like him a lot (to the point where you could say I loved him). The distance between us at the time was already unbearable. Going into separate factions would be ten times worse. Before the ceremony, I managed to meet with Adam and told him I didn't want to part with him. I even told him we could go to Erudite together, for him. I didn't admit that I liked him, but I think I should have at that time.

He didn't say anything. Adam was called before me. He chose Dauntless in a heartbeat. He did it for me. When I was called up I, like Adam, had no hesitation to drop my blood upon the sizzling coals. We both gave each other sly smiles. After that we were whisked away to the platform - me obviously ahead of Adam. When we reached the platform I had to haul him up, almost slipping off myself. He hopped on and off the train easier than I did when I first came into the city. I felt embarrassed, but I couldn't show it.

When initiation started I trained with the Dauntless-borns for stage one. Adam and I remained close despite the division between the both of our groups. Then we mixed with the transfers in stage two: the fear sims. I had to be careful during these because of my Divergence. My instructor obviously found out, but I trusted him. It was around then, after one of my most intense fear simulations, that Adam admitted he had feelings for me after comforting me. We started dating since then, and everything felt as if it was falling into place. I came second in initiation, behind one of my close friends, Amar.

I attempted to train as a Dauntless leader, but in the meantime I wanted to train as an initiation instructor. The only reason this intrigued me was because I could help all the Divergents to not be scared of who they are. There will be a day when those gates concealing us all will open and reveal the world of the Bureau and their complicated genetic problems. Not only did I train to be an initiation instructor, but Adam (my boyfriend at the time) proposed to me and we got married when we turned nineteen. Extremely early, but we loved each other.

The wedding was amazing. It was in a typical Dauntless style with lots of drinking, a long speech about bravery and a lot of PDA. Since I didn't have any family at Dauntless and neither did Adam, it an event with just our friends and their families. One of Adam's friends, Frankie, kept going on about how annoying Adam could be when you get too close, and how he wasn't the most good looking person around. Adam told me a few months later that Frankie had a thing for me. I'm not going to lie, but he is good looking. He has the lightest blue eyes and chocolate brown hair, similar to my own. His facial structure is heavenly and overall he's a man that women would swoon over. Adam also has his grand looks, but there's something about Frankie Benson that's intriguing.