Ch. 1

Damn these chains are a bitch, I thought as I yanked on them trying to get comfortable. You'd think since I've been here for a couple months I'd have been used to it. Nope. I yanked on the chains one last time so that I can curl up and try and keep warm. The clothes provided weren't that useful besides covering up the necessities.

I froze at the sound of footsteps coming down the stairs. Please don't open my door. Sadly my door slammed open. Ah just my luck.

"Rise in shine sweetheart! It's finally your auction day!" He said pulling me up and unlocking my chains.

"Gonna be sad to see a beaut like you go!"

"Aww don't worry I'll never forget you and your fists." I groaned stretching my now free limbs.

He yanked me by my arm and out the door to where other girls were being lined up. I looked to the stairs as I was pushed in line in the narrow and darkly lit stone hall. The man in charge, a tall fat man that looked as if he didn't know what soap is, came down. For a shifter he sure was over weight. Usually shifters were muscular and took care of themselves but I guess he didn't care. They pushed us against the walls so that we could face them.

"Today is the big day! Each one of you have either been kept for this auction for your beauty or for the special talents you posses." He said as he stopped in front of me. He put his hand under my chin and looked at me. Growling I yanked my chin away and glared at him.

"And some for both." He said as he grinned showing off his yellow teeth.

"Now there are going to be very important people here tonight! Kings and Lords of all species of supernaturals! So I expect you all to be on your best behavior or there will be consequences." He continued walking back towards the stairs. With one last glare at us he went up the stairs and we were taken to a room to get ready.

There were about ten other girls and I have gotten to now most of them. And so far they were all bitches. Thinking that just because they were beautiful or had a talent that they were better than everyone else. And they hated me. Why? Well I was very special. All the girls here were either extremely beautiful or, as hybrids, they had a talent. You see we live in a world of vampires, werewolves, angles, and demons.

Vampires can be picked out by their red eyes. They glow when upset or thirsty but stay a deep wine red otherwise. Vampires speed is also unmatchable, they are super strong, they need to feed off blood, and they can compel people with there eyes. The older the vampire the stronger they are.

Werewolves have yellow eyes that glow only when they are about to shift or using there senses. Werewolves are also extremely strong, there senses are heightened, and there wolf forms are three times bigger than regular wolves. They live extremely longer than humans, but are not immortal like vampires, and Angles. While werewolves age slowly Vampires and Angels don't. The only way they die is if you kill them. 

Angles have blue eyes that glow when they are upset or using their powers. They have wings, are almost invincible, strong, and have healing abilities. While all supernatural heal quickly, Angels are the fastest in that area. That is why they are so hard to kill.

Lastly are Demons. They have purple eyes that glow when angered, they are very strong, can teleport to people, and can control demonic creatures. These demonic creatures usually come up from the underworld and demons love using them as weapons. They are nasty things.

Then there are hybrids. That's what we are. Were a mixture of different species. For example we could be half human half demon, half angle half shifter, half vampire half whatever and you will be considered a hybrid. Usually hybrids don't make it through birth but those that do are considered as pets.