Chapter 15

"Kitten wake up." Zachariah whispered in my ear but I couldn't seem to move.

"Kitten?" I struggled to move, to at least open my eyes or twitch my fingers but I couldn't.

"Micah! Help!"

I felt my body being lifted and then carried. I knew that it was Zachariah but I felt paralyzed.

"What's going on?"

"I don't know she won't wake up."

"Come on let's go to the lab." A couple minuets later I'm guessing I was being laid on a hard mattress. I felt someone checking me over when I started to get pulled back into a deeper sleep.

"Catherine...can you here me?" Micah asked but it was too late, the darkness had taken ahold of me.

I was burning. My whole body felt like it was in flames and all I could do was scream.  It felt like hours had passed by before I started to finally cool down but I was shaking nonstop. I felt a cool rag being wiped along my face and a soft murmur of voices. I focused on the voices instead of the heat and pain.

"Her two sides are fighting for control. Unless one wins or they both find a way to co-survive then she can die." I heared Micah say.

"What can we do? There has to be something we can do." Zachariah stressed.

"We can't do anything. Just wait."

Falling deeper into the darkness I started to panic. This couldn't be the end. I've finally found a place I can be happy and I didn't want to leave.

As I looked around the darkness, I could spot a tiny light. I walked closers to it and saw that it was a purple glowing ball. Lifting my fingers up to touch it, it flew farther away. The light held me in a trance and I could do nothing but follow it, knowing I was dragging myself deeper into unconsciousness.

Finally reaching it once more I reached out my hand for it. As soon as my fingers made contact electricity flew up my arm and the ground broke from under me causing me to fall. And fall. And fall.

Zachariah *****

Looking down at her my heart ached. I couldn't lose her. She was more then my pet to me. I dipped the rag in ice water and wrung it out before going back to wiping her forehead.

"She's been still for a while."

"Yes. She has." Micah said looking down at her with concern.

Her chest slowly rose and fell and she had a crease between her eyebrows as if she was confused.

All of a sudden her breath quickened and she gripped my hand that was holding hers tightly.

"Micah what's wrong?"

"I don't know." He said jumping up and standing beside her.

She let out a long exhale and then stopped breathing.

"Kitten?" I said as I placed my other hand on her cheek.

It was silent as we watched her still body lay on the bed waiting for something, anything to happen. I don't know how long I stood there when someone place their hand on my shoulder.

"Zachariah, I'm sorry but she's gone."

"No. No she can't be."

"Zacha-"

"GET OUT!!!" I yelled as tears begun to run down my cheek.

I bent down and picked her up to pull her into my lap. Pulling her against my body I put my face in her neck to breath her in.

"Kitten please don't leave me. I need you to open your beautiful eyes. I cant do this without you. The moment I saw you I knew you were mine." I placed a kiss against her neck and put her hand against my heart as I closed my eyes.

"You stole my heart and if you go you take it with you. There is no one more beautiful and lovelier then you are to me. Please.
Don't go." I whispered.

Then I did something I've never done before.

I, King of vampires and rumored to be a cold, heartless, merciless ruler, sobbed as my heart shattered into billions of unfixable peices.

The End

Or is it???????