Ch.10

Surprise! Another chapter today!

He is avoiding me.

After Micah tested my new blood sample I gave him about two weeks ago he said that the healing I did for Alex made it so I would die sooner. Alex had came into the room a couple minuets after mine and Micah's hug and when he heard that he got pissed.

"Dammit! I'm so fucking stupid." He said grabbing his hair and resting his elbows on his knees. I got up and walked over to where he was sitting. I pulled his hands away and made him look at me. What I saw broke me. He had tears going down his face and guilt clouded his eyes.

"Hey don't worry." I said pulling him into a hug. "You couldn't have known and I don't blame you."

"How can you not! I was being stupid and new me getting hurt was a high possibility. I always act like a fucking child." He said. I pulled away and wiped his tears as my own started to fall.

"Alex you listen to me. It is not your fault. I am going to die anyways. So I need you to promise me that you won't change who you are. You always know how to make me laugh and just because I'm dying does not mean you need to change. Your personality is what made me like you and I will need it now more then ever, okay?" He nodded his head and hugged me again.

"Thank you Cat."

After that he went back to his usual self but just sadder. He tried to hide the guilt and sadness but I still saw it. For the next two weeks I hung out in the lab with them. I haven't seen Zachariah. Every time I went to look for him he was gone or the door would be locked or someone would have an excuse for him. Mostly that he was trying to find out who was trying to kill him. But I knew. He was distancing himself from me and although it hurt me I understood. I had also started to feel the side affects. I got really tired and sometimes I would get dizzy. In the last couple days I had started to faint sometimes. I kept it a secret not wanting to see the pity looks but I think Alex and Micah new something was wrong because as I stepped in the lab today there conversation stopped and they pretended to do some work.

"Hey guys."

"Oh! Hello Cat I did not hear you come in." Alex said looking overly shocked.

"Alex you idiot." Micah said rolling his eyes.

"What were you talking about?"

"Catherine we now that you have started to feel the affects and want you to tell us so that we can make sure you are not endangering yourself."

"It's nothing really just getting tired and dizzy." I said

"Nothing else?"

"I um well I fainted once or twice."

"Catherine! You need to tell us this."

"Okay! Jeez." After that Alex begun to try and balance a bunch of glass jars together and Micah started explaining about what everything was in the room. It was interesting and I was glad that Micah was enjoying talking to me. After a while Micah said he was going to get lunch for us and left me and Alex in the room. We were trying to stack the most jars we could on top of each other but failed when they all came crashing down. Luckily Micah made us set a mat that was padded under them so they wouldn't break. I started to think about Zachariah and let out a sigh.

"Hey don't worry about Zachariah."

"How did you know?"

"Magic. Anyways, he is being a idiot and hopefully soon he will realise that. He never was good with expressing emotions. We'll besides anger. I have never seen him cry in the 200 years I have known him. And him ignoring the situation is what he always does when things get to emotional for him."

"It's okay, really. I understand...and how old are you guys?"

"Well I'm 350 years old, Micah is 400, and Zachariah is about 800 I think."

"Holy shit you guys are so old!"

"Yeah but I'm sexier then ever." He said with a giant smile and wiggling eyebrows.

I rolled my eyes and laughed at him. After we finished cleaning we sat at the counters and he told me stories about his past. We were in the middle of one when Micah entered.

"So of course back then they thought witches were real and killed a whole bunch of women but obviously witches aren't real. I mean really? Mortals that can do magic? Totally unreal." He said.

I looked at Micah and he rolled his eyes setting a plate in front of me. I mouthed thank you and looked back at Alex as he shoved his food in his mouth and continued talking.

"Anyways me and this other vamp I knew were passing through a town when we saw this giant crowd in the middle of town. They were going to burn these two girls so we ran towards them and pulled them out before they could set them ablaze. We ran to the edge of town and stopped. We thought they were going to thank us but we were wrong. They screamed bloody murder and ran from us! Not even a thank you." He said shaking his head.

I laughed at him but soon it turned to coughing. I stood up but got dizzy and held on to the counter.

"Hey Cat...you okay?" Alex asked.

I continued to cough and covered my mouth. After a couple minuets I stopped and looked down at my hand it was covered in blood. I looked up at Micah and Alex who were now standing in front of me. There eyes were glowing red and looked worried.

"Micah? Alex?" I said scared as I looked at the blood.

"Shit." Alex said grabbing me as I started to fall. He picked me up and walked over to a black recliner in the corner of the room. "Hey Cat look at me." He said pulling my face towards him.

"I don't feel good Alex." I said as tears started to run down my face and my lip quivered. "Am I dying now?"

"No. Your okay." He said.

Micah ran over and handed Alex a wet towel and then started to check my temperature and vitals. Alex grabbed my hand and wiped it then wiped my mouth.

"I'm tired." I said feeling myself shut down.

"Hey Cat, I need you to stay awake for me okay."

"Catherine keep your eyes open!"

I tried to reply but I could only hum a answer. I heard them yelling my name but soon everything blacked out.