Ch.4

I pulled myself out of his chest and turned to look at him. I wanted to ask him questions but I did not know if it was allowed.

"Relax little pet." He whispered in my ear and so I again laid on his chest my head resting on his shoulder.

"When did you get this letter? And how did you attain it?" Micah asked his face showing no emotion besides the flash of his eyes.

"I got it when I came back from my trip. It was laying on my desk. I believe it is from a Lord who wishes to attain my crown. I wanted to warn you and ask to keep your ears open and eyes out for any hints on who could have sent this."

"Of course we will." Alex said.

"Good that is all. For now. I will call for you if I need anything else." They nodded their heads and then left his office. I got up to leave but he tightened his grip on my waist.

"Stay kitten." He pushed his chair closer to his desk and got out his laptop beginning to do work.

"Zachariah?"

"Yes little one?"

"If someone was to take over your crown what would happen?"

"I would be killed and you would be there's."

"Oh."

"Do not fret. You know I don't like when my things are touched."

"Why?"

"Why what?"

"Why don't you like it when people touch your things?"

"That is a story for another day."

I quieted and watched as he worked on his laptop. I begun to play with a button on his shirt when he asked,

"So Kitten, tell me, how did you end up in the auction house?" I stiffened and looked up at him.

"It is a long story."He looked down at me curiously studying my nervous state.

"It is fine you don't have to tell me now but, you will tell me soon. Let's go down to the dinning hall for lunch."

He picked me up and then set me on my feet, holding out his arm. I wrapped mine around it and we walked to the dinning hall. Once there I sat in the same spot and Alex and Micah came in. They sat across from me and we waited for our food to come out. As they all begun a conversation I kept thinking about how I would have to tell him about my past and the ability that I had. All of a sudden a hand was placed on my bouncing knee and I looked to see it was Zachariah's. He kept conversing but left his hand there and his thumb gliding across my knee. Once the food came out and was placed in front of us we begun eating. His hand stayed there the whole time.

After lunch we went back to his office and I sat on his desk beside his laptop as we talked. We talked, well I mostly asked, about everything from favorite colors to what he would do if an apocalypse happened. But we never strayed into the area of our past which I was glad for. This continued throughout the week. I would spend all day with him in his office sitting on his lap or sitting and laying on his desk while he worked. I would ask him crazy questions such as if he was stuck on an island what 3 things he would want to have with him and he would answer while typing away. Sometimes I would draw in a sketchbook he gave me when he learned I liked to draw or I would read books on the shelves around his office.

Today I was laying on his desk, side ways,facing him and reading, his laptop was in front of my stomach and he was scrolling through an email.

"Kitten, we must attend a ball this Saturday."