Ch. 12

It's been a week since I blacked out and I have gotten worse. Micah and Zachariah are doing everything they can to try and figure out how to save me and Alex has been spending a lot of time with me trying to distract me.

I was sitting in a library with Alex. They won't let me do anything by myself. I have noticed that the veins on my arm have started to darken so I have been wearing long sleeves. Zachariah had new clothes brought to me so that I would not have to wear the lingerie type of outfits. I had a simple forest green sweater on and black yoga pants on. I was curled up on the couch with a blanket pretending to read.

Alex was laying on the couch on the opposite side of the coffee table reading. The door swung open and Zachariah came in nodding to Alex. Alex stood up and came over to me kissing me on the forehead like he always does now. Zachariah used to get grumpy about it but he knows that Alex considers me family and nothing else. Alex smiled at me and said he would see me later then left the room.

Zachariah picked up my upper body and sat down laying me on his lap.

"What are you reading?" He asked as he ran his fingers down the side of my face.

"A Mythology book. Have you guys found anything?" I asked already knowing the answer.

"No, not yet." He said looking frustrated.

"Zachariah I know that the possibility of you finding me a cure is low. Like super low. You need to stop getting mad at yourself."

"Kitten I am 816 years old. I should be able to find something."

I stayed quiet as I closed my eyes and relaxed.

"Come on." He said standing up and holding out his hand.

"Where are we going?"

"To the lab. We're gonna get Alex and Micah."

"And then what?" He turned to look at me.

"A surprise."

He pulled me after him and came to the lab. Micah was running around to different machines and Alex was looking at a computer screen.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"Don't get to hopeful cause I don't know how to do it yet, but I was looking over the samples you gave me and experimenting with them. If we kill one of your supernatural sides then replace it with another, like vampire, then the poison will stop and you could be okay. But we have to figure out what side we need to kill, if it is possible before you get too bad, and if you can survive it." He said hurriedly.

"How do we figure out that?" Zachariah said walking to the screen that Alex was looking at.

"I'm going to test some stuff out but need to be left alone to concentrate." He said as he pushed them towards the door.

Zachariah looked hesitant but pulled me and Alex with him.

"What now?" Alex asked.

"Well I was going to have all of us go somewhere but it looks like it will be just us three."

"Aw looks like you will be third wheeling." Alex said wrapping his arm around my shoulders and walking away.

Zachariah started to mumble something under his breath but followed us. We headed out the door to a limo and I raised my eyebrows.

"Zachariah? Where are we going? I don't have on the usual attire for a pet or a collar and leash."

He rolled his eyes and slid in after Alex, pulling me in. Alex made me sit with him and Zachariah sat in front of us. He glared at Alex and pulled me forward onto his lap where he tucked me into his chest. Alex begun to tell me more stories and I listened fascinated with everything he had done.

When the limo stopped I looked out the window to see a giant tent.

"A circus!" I said a giant smile taking over my face. They both laughed as I rushed out the door looking at it all. We walked to the entrance and made our way to the front seats. Sitting down between them I turned to Zachariah and grabbed his face brushing my lips on his.

"Thank you." I said as I looked at him.

"Any thing for you." He said pecking my lips and taking my hand entwining our fingers.

"Hey where is my kiss?" Alex pouted. I laughed and turned to him pecking him on the cheek.

"Thank you Alex."

"Awww stop." He said blushing and play hitting my shoulder. The lights dimmed and we watched the trapeze acts, acrobatics, and tightrope walkers. The show ended about two hours later and me and Alex walked to the limo arm in arm excitedly talking about all we saw. We got in the limo and I sat down with Zachariah as Alex talked about joining a circus. I leaned over and whispered in Zachariah's ear.

"Thank you. Really that was the best day of my life. Well second best."

"Oh and what's the first?" He whispered back.

"The day you said you loved me." He smiled at me and captured my lips in his.

"Mine too." I laid my head on his shoulder and went back to listening to Alex.

When we got back to the castle we headed to the lab, but before we got there a sharp pain hit my stomach. I bent over holding my stomach groaning in pain.

"Kitten?" He said coming over to me. "What's the matter baby?"

I tried to answer but ended up screaming as the pain hit me again harder. Zachariah caught me as my legs went weak and picked me up bridal style.

"Oh shit." Alex said coming over to me and lifting up my shirt exposing my stomach. It was covered in black lines bellow my boobs and looked to be moving up. Zachariah ran towards the lab telling me to stay with him. As we burst through the doors Micah looked up and his eyes widened.

"Alex bring the hospital bed over here and Zachariah lay her down on it." Once that was done I groaned again but the pain started to subside.

"What's going on?" Zachariah said.

"The poison is moving faster." He replied as he looked at my stomach. It seems to have stopped now but it will return." I started to get sleepy and closed my eyes. "Go to sleep Catherine. You need to rest." I fell asleep to the voices of the three people I love most in the world.