Ch.9

We were all in this laboratory looking room with a bunch of screens and science-y looking things. What? Don't judge. I was in a mental hospital with padded walls and then on the streets killing people for most of my life.

I sat in a chair tuning everyone out as they yelled and screamed. Zachariah was throwing one big temper tantrum. Why? Cause Micah just told us I was going to die.

Zachariah started to yell at Micah talking about how he is lying and that he should kill him for saying something like that. Micah started to calmly try and explain what was going on but could barely get in a sentence. And Alex, he just stood there, staring at where Micah was previously standing with wide eyes and his mouth hanging open. But me, I just sat there watching.

After about fifteen more minuets of them doing the same thing I stood up and walked out of the room. I doubt they even noticed, I mean I'm the one going to die, shouldn't they be seeing how I feel? Micah had said that I didn't die at birth because as my mom gave birth to me she also pushed all of her healing power into me so that I would live. This caused her to die. It's also the reason I have the Demon and Angel power. I formed in my mom with the demon power but my mom gave me the healing power too. As a side affect I got the poison ability. It's the mixture of both Angel and Demon blood creating a poison. And that poison is slowly killing me. He said that right now nothing drastic will happen but he wasn't sure on anything. He said we would have to take this one day at a time.

So I had to get out of that room. I went to mine, totally numb, and locked the door. Sitting on my bed I just stared at the wall in front of my bed. Honestly I shouldn't be surprised. You know what they say, all good things must come to an end, and now my time here at the castle, and with Zachariah, is going to come to an end. The end being my death of course. I mean really I shouldn't of expected anything else. My life is just a ticking time bomb.

The thing I will miss the most in my sad excuse of a life will be Zachariah. Although him and I could never have a relationship the way I wanted, even before learning about my condition, I always had dreamed that he would love me the way I love him.

I don't know when I figured out I loved him but I knew I did. It might seem soon since we have known each other for about a month but I do. So that is why I need to let him go. That's when the tears came. And then those tears turned to sobs because I knew that the thing that hurts me the most of this situation is not that I am dying. No it's the fact that I will not be able to spend more time with Zachariah. I wont get to sit with him in his office and stare at him creepily as he does his work. I won't get to hear him call me Kitten. I won't get to feel cared for when he gets possessive over me. I won't have the challenge of trying to make him laugh at least once a day. I won't get to wake up next to him ever again. I won't get to see the proud smile on his face when he shows me off. And I won't get to be with him. No, he will get a new pet. One that won't die. He will find someone he loves and spend the rest of eternity with them. And I'll just be the first pet he had that was doomed from the beginning.

I don't know how long I sat in my room, but soon I fell asleep. I distantly heard some knocks and pounding on my door but it stopped after a while. I got up in the morning and walked to my bathroom, undressing and stepping into the water. The steam floated around me helping me to relax. After I got out I dried off and went to the closet. I grabbed a black lace outfit and pulled it on then slipped on my heels. I brushed out my hair and left the room. I went back to the laboratory to see if Micah was there. He was sitting on a chair watching a screen with black bubbly looking things. He turned to me and his eyes widened.

"Hey Catherine."

"Hey Micah. What's that?"

"Um...the poison. Have you talked to Zachariah yet?"

"No I left when he was yelling yesterday." I sighed.

"Oh okay. So how are you feeling?" He asked studying me.

"Fine. Do you know when it will start affecting me more or why it's starting now?"

"No I don't know about when it will affect you more but I know why it's starting. The healing power you have is being destroyed by the poison. At first it was slowly eating it away but the more you use the healing power the faster it will kill you."

"Is there a way to fix me?"

"I'm sorry but I don't think so. If a vampire was to try and turn you they would die of the poison in your blood and you would die also. And Angels won't be able to heal you because it won't work on you with your demon side more developed as to when you were little it wasn't developed as much."

I nodded at him and sat there looking at the screen.

"I healed Alex yesterday. You might want to take some blood and test it again."

"Yeah I think I should." He nodded grabbing a syringe and cleaning the inside of my elbow. He extracted some blood and then looked at it. "That's some deadly stuff." His eyes widened and he looked at me starting to hurriedly apologize.

"It's fine Micah." I said giving him a small smile.

We were quiet as he worked on the new sample and I watched him fascinated. He told me what everything was on the screen and he seemed to enjoy what he was doing and getting to explain it to someone.

"You like doing this a lot don't you." I asked.

"Yeah. It's nice having someone with me and getting to teach them about it. Zachariah is busy and Alex just doesn't care. So I'm in here by myself most of the time."

"Well I'm glad that I'm here." I told him.

"You don't seem to freaked out about this,"Micah inquired while pointing to the poison. "and what will happen to you. Most would be crying and freaking out."

"Sometimes it's easier to pretend that everything is fine and that you don't care then to admit that it is killing you on the inside." I told him. "Literally." I added smiling a little. "Plus I kinda had a small break down last night."

"You might just be the bravest person I have ever met." He said pulling me into a hug surprising me. I looked at him once we pulled away and smiled.

"Thank you Micah. That means a lot." And it did.

A/N

Okay so I totally did not plan this. I had something else entirely different planned but after writing the last sentence in the previous chapter it just came to me and I thought why not? I wanted to also show more of Micah so that's what I tried to do in this chapter. So, please tell me what you think! And don't hate me :)
Xoxo