Ch.11

Blackness. That's all I could see. I could here faint talking but couldn't understand what they were saying. I tried to open my eyes or move my body but it was useless. So I decided to try and focus on the voices.

"Alex I swear if you don't get out of my fucking way I will kill you."

"Oh so now you want to see her! Now that she could be dying!"

"Alex maybe you should let him in."

"No Micah! While he has been hiding from his problems, we have been taking care of her! She was dying and worried about you! You don't deserve her."

"I know okay! And if I could I wouldn't have done that but so help me if you don't move out of my way I will tear you apart." He growled.

It was quiet for a couple seconds and then I heard footsteps approach me.

"She's  so pale and skinny." Zachariah said from beside me.

"Yeah she started getting that way about a week ago." Micah said." Come on Alex let's go." I heard footsteps fade and then a door shut.

It was quiet again and I tried to open my eyes but still couldn't.

"Kitten if you can here me I want you to know I'm sorry. I'm so fucking sorry." He said as he grabbed my hands in his, sitting next to me. I could feel the coolness of his body besides mine. "It's not an excuse and I'm not looking for forgiveness but I was just so scared. It's just all my life people have left me. From death or because they didn't care they left and when I got you I thought that since you were mine, something I could make sure wouldn't leave me, that I would have you forever. When I saw you on that stage hiding that tiny smile as you watch the others flop on the floor I knew that no matter what I would keep you. So when Micah had said that, I freaked trying to deny it. But I knew deep down he wouldn't lie about this. Because he knew, and anyone else that saw me, that I was undeniably in love with you. But now you're leaving me to. So I shut down. I couldn't deal with the thought of you leaving me so I thought it best if I stayed away. I was wrong Kitten. And when Micah told me that you passed out and weren't waking up I knew that that was most likely the biggest mistake I've made in my whole life. I mean there I was throwing a fit and you were worried about me. Please Kitten I need you to wake up." He said his voice sounding raspy. I tried to wake up but I couldn't do anything. I was desperate to get to him, clawing at the barrier holding me down but I couldn't. I was so frustrated with myself and wanted to cry but I couldn't even do that. "Please Kitten don't die. I need you. You are the only thing that brings me happiness." He said as I felt wet drops fall on me. "I would do anything just to see those beautiful eyes of yours again. Please Kitten. I love you so much." He said as he started to sob and hold onto my hand tighter.

I felt him put his head on my chest and hold me to him as he cried. I focused on trying to open my eyes and when they finally did I had to blink a couple times from the harsh lights. I slowly brought my arms up and wrapped one around his back and the other I brought up to put in his hair.

"I love you too Zachariah." He stiffened and pulled back to look at me.

"Kitten?" He said I looked at his tear streaked face and softly smiled. He smiled back but then gripped my face in his hands. "I'm so sorry."

"It's okay." I said and meant it.

He was here now and that's all that mattered. Tears started to flow down his face and he put his face back on my chest. He seemed to like it there.

"Please don't leave me Kitten. Please just stay with me." He sobbed into my chest and I begun to cry too.

"I would but I can't Zachariah. Please don't ask me too. I would do anything to stay with you, but I have no control over it." I said crying. "I'm sorry."