{9.} RAVISHING

|| I tried my best to stay calm. I tried my best to stay calm and keep in mind that it wasn't that big of  a deal...She said yes, so what? I was going to pick her up at the store once she was finished with her shift, so what? I walked in and my heart melted, I saw her and I felt like I was high. So what?

She chuckled and quickly walked towards me. I smiled and opened my arms. She jumped up and hugged me tightly as I hugged her back. I pulled away and smiled. "Ready?" she nodded.

"I missed you." I smiled a little more and chuckled.

"I missed you too. Let's go." I opened the door for her as she began to walk down the street. I watched her closely, paying attention to every little detail of hers. I watched the way she moved and how she spoke... I missed her a lot and I wanted to know more and more about her.

Suddenly she spoke up. "I saw The Social Network yesterday..." I looked at her again and smiled.

"Oh?"

"Are you sure you're not gay?" she looked at me and tilted her head. I chuckled and shook my head.

"No Dory, I'm still not gay."

"...Are you realllllly sure? I'm pretty sure... I mean maybe it's like you don't know yet but I know... like I'm a step ahead or something.." I stopped and stood in front of her.

"Okay, spill. Why do you think I'm gay?" she bit her lip, sighed, and put her hand on her chest.

"Poor Andrew..." I shook my head and got closer towards her.

"Dory I'm not gay.." I whispered and chuckled. I was now so close that our knees were touching. I wanted to kiss her so badly but I had to hold back. She looked at me and smiled.

"...I don't think I believe you." I came a little closer.

"I can prove it..." she giggled again and looked to the ground. In this moment it became more difficult for me to not kiss her than it ever had been. She seemed so adorable. So kind and so beautiful. I felt as if I forgot how it felt to look at her, she was suddenly nicer and cuter than ever. Not to mention she had never seemed so kissable.

I felt like I could just grab her right here, right now and kiss her. I could slam my lips onto hers and she would kiss my lips back. Everything would be alright...There would be no consequences... Yet I missed my chance as a Taxi then pulled up. She smiled and got in without another sound. I followed quickly and sighed, putting on my seatbelt. The taxi driver looked back to us and smiled.

"Where to?" I went to speak, yet Dory interrupted me as cheerily as possible.

"Take us to the nearest movie theatre, please!" I looked at her and chuckled. I exhaled deeply and put my arm around her.

"I missed you." she looked at me, a wide smile on her face as I spoke. She nodded.

"I missed you too...You always smell like Dirty Springwash..." I raised a eyebrow and chuckled as she leaned over and sniffed me. I wasn't quite sure what she meant.

"Umm...Am I supposed to smell dirty?" she chuckled and looked at me, pulling away.

"It's a shower gel. You bought it from the store, remember? You like it because it smells like spearmint..." I thought for a few moments and nodded.

"Oh...Right right, I'm sorry. I kind of forgot...How did you remember that?" I tilted my head and frowned. She chuckled and rolled her eyes.

"Photo. Graphic. Memory. I thought you wouldn't forget by now..." she giggled and sighed, leaning her head against the window. I watched her and leaned my head on her shoulder. I felt more relaxed than I had in a while. Since the last time I saw her, actually. It seemed to be that she always calmed me. She always eased my nerves and made me feel better. She didn't seem to be paying attention to anything but what was going on from outside the window. She watched the window as if it was the only thing of interest there. I found it endearing.

I slowly brought my hand towards hers. As my finger tips caressed her knuckles, I was interrupted as the car stopped. I sighed. The taxi driver looked to us and smiled.

"We're here." Dory looked at the man, smiled and pulled out her wallet.

"Umm..." I rolled my eyes and smiled.

"Dory, I got it." I pulled out my wallet and gave the driver a twenty dollar bill. I looked to Dory to see her jaw dropped. I smiled and grabbed her hand.

"C'mon Dory, let's go." I got out of the cab and pulled her with me. She followed me and got out of the cab. She kept staring at me, her mouth still open. I laughed and brushed a strand of hair behind her ear. "Are you alright?" she quickly nodded.

"I...wasn't expecting you to pay...I -I can pay you back--" I put my other hand over hers as she reached for her wallet again. I smiled as she looked up at me.

"Dory, don't worry about it. Okay?" she smiled and nodded. I put my arm around her again and walked towards the theatre. "So. What movie do you want to see? I'm guessing you want to see a horror movie?"

"Actually, I heard they're playing a really good horror movie right now..." I tilted my head and looked at her.

"You like horror movies?" she nodded.

"Who doesn't? You're not afraid of horror movies are you?" I shook my head and chuckled.

"No. Of course not...I'm just surprised. You're not afraid are you?" she shook her head.

"Oh no, never. Horror movies never scare me..." I raised a eyebrow.

"Oh?"

... twenty minutes later

    || "Are you sure you're not going to get scared?" I chuckled and sat down on one of the seats. The theatre was empty besides from the two of us. She nodded.

"For the last time--" as a small sound could be heard from the movie playing, she grabbed onto me and buried her face into my neck. "Is t over?" I chuckled and began to slowly pet her hair.

"Yes Dory, it's over. You can calm down..." she looked up at me and smiled.

"Oh. Hey Jesse?"

"Yes Dory?" she yawned slowly and rested her head on my shoulder. I looked down to see she had closed her eyes.

"I had a long day at work. Do you mind if I take a nap?" I slowly grinned. I adored the idea of protecting her from the monsters, the real life ones and the ones from the movie as she slept. I liked the idea that I...I was the one to protect her. I wanted to protect her every day and at every moment but a hour and forty five minutes would do. I whispered.

"Go ahead."