{20.} A LOUD POOL OF TEARS

third person perspective

|| Dory woke up in the middle of the night. And when she did, she realized what she had done.

"Oh god..." she leaned up and grabbed her phone from the nightstand. She felt as if she had lost Jesse. She quickly saw that he had been texting her and calling her and felt even worse. She had missed her chance. She quickly pressed the 'call back' button and put the phone to her ear. She gasped as the phone stopped ringing.

"Hi,"

"Jesse!"

"I'm not here right now, please leave a message." she began to panic as she realized it was his voicemail box. She hung up the phone and thought to herself. Her heart began to pound and her body started to shake. She couldn't imagine life without Jesse and she felt as if she would never see him again. And while this, of course, was a silly thought to have, her mind was slowly becoming clouded by fear. She was going into panic. She instantly answered as her phone began to vibrate. She was on the brink of tears already.

"H-Hello?" Jesse breathed a sigh of relief as Dory spoke.

"Dory, thank god. I'm so sorry--"

"J-Jesse I-I can't breathe." she was starting hyperventilate as she spoke.

"What? Dory what's wrong? Talk to me Dory..."

"I-I think I'm having a panic attack." Jesse recognized what was going on and knew immediately what to do. He had many panic attacks before.

"Dory, you need to calm down. Breathe. If you don't calm down you're going to pass out."

"J-Jesse..."

"D-Dory please, please Dory please don't--" she hung up the phone. Jesse, half terrified for her and half horrified with his own with his own actions, called 911.