{19.} LOVER OR SAVIOR?

third person perspective

|| Jesse didn't mean to upset Dory. He didn't mean to come across the way he did and he didn't mean to offend her. But he was worried about Dory.

He was worried about what New York City could do to her. What the big, intense city could do to Dory's gentle heart. Not to mention what it could do to her while he was away. He also wondered how it hadn't killed her already. He wasn't the only one who had the question yet now he was asking it more than usual. He wanted to protect the remaining happiness and innocence that lived inside Dory more than anything in the world. Yet he knew he couldn't always.

He couldn't always be there to save her from getting drugged at a party. And he couldn't always stand up for her. He had work to do and places to travel to. He wanted to, but he couldn't. It was impossible.  He couldn't just be Dory's savior forever. But he thought that if he was lucky enough, maybe he could be her lover instead.

So he called her over and over. He sent her texts, he left her voicemails. Anything to try to get her back to him. Yet little did he know that she was already asleep. And soon, she would be further away from his grasp than ever before.