{17.} THE GOLDFISH NECKLACE

|| "I don't think I want to leave..." Dory chuckled as I zipped up my suitcase. Dory was much more excited for me than I was, as she was always really supportive and apparently the audition was for a leading part in a upcoming film. But...I didn't want to go. I didn't want to leave Dory for a month and I didn't want to go to LA. I hate LA. Everything's always so loud there...loud for me, anyways. And that meant something because I'm from New York.

I have a small and frail smile as Dory rolled her eyes. "Oh c'mon Jesse I'm sure it'll be fun!" she then walked over to me quickly and hugged my lower waist, causing me to hold my breath and look down at her. "It's not like I'm gonna forget about you!" I chuckled slightly as she pulled away. Then, I frowned. I looked at my watch, it was time to go. Now I really didn't want to leave. I sighed.

"I think it's...time to go..." I felt myself almost tear up yet Dory smiled some more.

"I can take you to the airport if you'd like. You know, ride with you in the taxi?" I shook my head. That would make it even worse. Sure I'd be able to spend just a little more time with her. Yet I knew that when we would get the airport, I wouldn't be able to let go of her. I would hug her goodbye and I wouldn't pull away. I didn't want to leave, I didn't want to be away from Dory for a month. I didn't want to loose her. Even if it was just for a very small period of time.

"N-No no, that won't be necessary..." I picked up my bag and walked to the door, trying not to look at her. I thought maybe if I didn't look at her I wouldn't have to accept my fate. Yet when I reached the door she tapped my shoulder. When I turned to her, I could see her arms were now wide open asking for a hug. I smiled a little.

"Jump up. Okay? I'll catch you." Dory nodded. She jumped up and just like always, I caught her by her legs and she wrapped her arms around my neck. She this time wrapped her legs around my waist tightly so I didn't have to hold her up, so instead I hugged her tightly. I tried my best to embrace her the best I possibly could without crying. Yet it seemed impossible not to as she spoke.

"Goodbye Jesse..." I teared up even more. I was horrible at saying goodbye. I never thought I'd have to say goodbye to her before. I choked back my tears and said it back.

"Goodbye, Dory..." I slowly put her down. She smiled at me and put her hand on my cheek.

"I'll see you soon--"

"Dory I don't want to leave." I suddenly blurted out. She frowned.

"why?"

"Because Dory I-I don't want to be without you..." she frowned even more.