{16.} "KISS MY FRECKLES AND TELL ME IT'S OKAY"

|| I had been awake for several hours now, I couldn't sleep after the events of the previous night. Yet I stayed in bed with her and let her sleep. I knew Dory would wake up easy, I had decided to not risk it. So when Dory began to slowly wake up, I flinched. She looked at me and gave me a small smile, yet I didn't know how to react.

"...Jesse?" I gulped, my hands now sweaty.

"D-Dory?" she groaned and slowly sat up. She ran her hands over her face before looking at me again.

"What happened last night?" my heart began to race, my head pounding with questions. Would she remember my secret? Did she even remember when I spilled my heart out for her, or when I saved her from a terrible fate? I didn't know. And that frightened me. As she repeated herself, I finally took action.

"Jesse...What happened last night--"

"Nothing!" I quickly got up, went to the bathroom and locked the door behind me. I sank down, my back against the door as I pulled my knees up to my face. A few minutes later, Dory knocked on the door.

"Jesse?" I panicked again. I looked to the door handle and watched it closely. I checked to make sure the door was locked and it was. It was locked. I had nothing to worry about. Yet I knew she'd continue to talk to me through the door as I answered.

"Y-Yes?"

"Are you alright? You've been in there for a while and for some reason I don't think you're pooping..." I couldn't help but smile as I rested my head against the door.

"I'm okay Dory."

"Oh...Is that a yes on the pooping then?" I let out a small chuckle.

"No Dory--"

"Can I come in?" I thought about it, then quickly got back up. I dusted myself. I quickly nodded.

"S-Sure." I could see her try to open the door, as the door handle moved a little. Yet, it didn't open. I quickly realized it was still locked. "Oh! Sorry!" I unlocked it and waited again. When it didn't open again I frowned.

"Hey Jesse?"

"Yes Dory?"

"Umm, it's not opening..."

"Let me try..." I tried to open the door yet it didn't open for me either. I cursed quietly to myself and put my hand on the door. "I think it's jammed..."

"Oh hold on, I got it!" I gasped slightly as I could feel Dory slam her body weight against the door.

"Dory please don't hurt yourself." she did it again. "D-Dory! Please!" I gasped as the door finally opened, and as Dory finally fell through. I caught her by her arms quickly, our faces now barely centimeters apart as I blushed.

"Thank you for catching me..." I nodded and held on until she stood up again.

"N-No problem..." she then frowned.

"Jesse?"

"Yes?"

"Why are you in here? Were you hiding from me?" I shook my head and rubbed my eyes.

"Dory I told you a secret last night that I hadn't told anyone...ever. And I don't think you remember."

"Oh...You mean the Ariel thing?" my eyes widened.

"Y-You remember?" she nodded and slowly walked closer towards me.

"I...Yeah...I was a bit more sober at the time and I can recall it...Jesse you shouldn't have let her get away with that--"

"I know, I know..."

"As a matter of fact, I feel like you should take this to court." I shook my head. She frowned. "But why? It's a crime!"

"It's too late and there's no more evidence. Look, Dory, I don't need to." I put my hands on her cheeks and laughed a little. "She's gone, she's out of my life forever...That's all I need! Not to mention leaving her was the best thing that's ever happened to me!" I slowly began to lean in. "Dory, you're the best thing that's ever happened to me..." I watched her as she began to lean in also. She closed her eyes and I closed mine. This was it, this was the moment when I would kiss her. I had waited so long for this. I had waited so long, as a matter of fact, that it didn't seem real. But I wasn't letting her get away this time. I could hear the phone ring but that didn't stop me as I slammed my lips onto hers. Kissing her, tasted better than I ever imagined.

I smiled a little more as I heard her giggle and pull away before wrapping her arms around my neck. She slowly kissed my cheek several times, over and over until I felt more relaxed. I didn't have any freckles yet she kissed where they would be and it made me feel special.

Yet when I pulled away, the phone was still ringing.

"I think you should get that..." I walked over, picked up my phone and hit answer.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Jesse!" my eyes widened. It was my agent. Aparently, I got the audition. Tomorrow I would be forced to leave New York City. For a month.