{12.} JEREMY'S INTOXICATED MISTAKE

|| I tried my best to focus hard on my intentions as I walked into the store. My intentions were to ask Dory about three things. How Dory and Fate met, why Fate reacted the way she did when I asked, and what her full side of the story of how things were with Evan now. I felt as if Evan could come back at any moment and steal her away... New Years Eve was two days ago and I still hadn't been able to get a hold of Dory since. I was intimidated and I wanted closure. Yet when I walked into the store, focusing wasn't so easy.

I grinned as the first thing I could see was Dory sitting on the front counter, a ukulele in hand. The other people who were shopping seemed to crowd around her and watch as she began to sing. I joined the group of people and watched eagerly.

"I'm not angry anymore, well, sometimes I am... I don't think badly of you, well, sometimes I do..."

I smiled to myself as I listened to her sing. I didn't know that she sang, she never seemed to mention it or make a big deal out if it. Almost as if she didn't even think of mentioning it. Yet her voice sounded sweet and pleasant, oozing with sugar and charisma. I couldn't believe I had never heard her sing before. She sounded so lovely...so peaceful. I closed my eyes and smiled as I could hear her laugh in between the lyrics.

"Depends on the day, if I wake up in a giddy haze. Well I'm not angry, I'm not totally angry, I'm not all that angry anymore..."

I opened my eyes as I could hear her play the last few notes. She chuckled and hopped off the counter. The other people applauded as she then walked towards me.

"Hey, didn't see you there. How are you feeling?" I smiled a little.

"I'm good, I'm good... Just getting used to the new year I guess. Also I loved your singing." I grinned as I could see her blush.

"Oh it's nothing. I'm getting over my hangover actually and sometimes playing the uke helps. Also Jeremy gave a hangover cure thing so I'm feeling a lot better now...Is there anything I can help you with?" as she put her hands behind her back, my eyes widened a little.

"Uh...." this was my opportunity. This was my chance to ask her what I came to ask her. But...she looked so happy. She looked so pleasant and unbothered that I felt as if I couldn't do it. Talking about it could upset her...I didn't want to upset her. I didn't want her to have to feel the pain of remembering what happened and explaining to me, just so I could finally be enlightened. I smiled.

"O-oh nothing, nothing. I just wanted to say hi...Can you play another song?"

"Oh sure...but also, I have good news!" I tilted my head.

"Oh?"

"Yeah. Apparently the house where Fate and Tom throw their parties every year, they're going to buy it." I tilted my head and smiled.

"Really? Wow, that's great." I stuffed my hands into my pockets and watched her closely. "Where are they originally from? Are they a couple?" she shook her head.

"No, not really. I think Tom likes Fate but they're mostly work partners. He makes movies for fun and she does the soundtrack. She sings and she can play almost every instrument there is... they decided that they like the house so much that they're going to buy it." I nodded.

"Wow that's...that's really great. I guess we'll be seeing them more often." she nodded.

"Mhm. They're like my best friends. If anything we'll be seeing them all the time!" she jumped up for a moment like a excited child. "I can't wait."