{25.} "WHAT'S NEXT?"

Dory's Perspective

    || As I opened the door to the store, I immediately noticed Jesse standing in front of the front counter. He was buying soap. Most interestingly, it was Jeremy ringing him up. I listened closely without moving a muscle.

"You know Jesse--"

"Please don't mention Dory, I, just.." he sighed and shook his head. "I miss her.." I smiled widely. I didn't need to hear anymore. I quickly began to walk towards him as I could see Jeremy gasp.

"Jesse!" I shouted. Jesse slowly turned to me, but then, suddenly, his face lit with happiness and surprise.

"D-D-Dory?"

"Jesse!" he instantly caught me as I jumped up to hug him. Jesse had never hugged me tighter before, I feel as if my ribcage was going to break underneath his arms. I pulled away and grinned as I looked down at him, he kept grinning also. Yet he still had a small look of confusion on his face.

"H-how is this possible? How is this even--" I interrupted him as I grabbed his cheeks and slammed my lips onto his, kissing him passionately as he kissed me back. I pulled away and chuckled.

"I don't really know! All I know is that I'm not dead! and that I really love you!"

"Oh Dory, I love you too.." we both laughed as I put my hands on his shoulders. Yet Jeremy sighed.

"My lizard died." I rolled my eyes.

"It was bound to happen, you never take care of it anyways." I smirked as Jeremy rolled his eyes. As I looked down at Jesse again, I kissed him and he kissed me, putting my down and putting his hands on my cheeks. It felt so good to feel him kiss me again as I wrapped my arms around his neck. Yet eventually Jeremy spoke up.

"Okay, break it up you two. I got soap to sell and people to see and places to be." Jesse and I both chuckled again, him pulling me closer as I stared up at him. He smiled.

"So. What's next?" I thought about it for a moment.

"Well, I don't think I really know. But...I was thinking we could start by going on another date?"

"Of course. We can go on several dates Dory, if that is what you'd like." I smiled even more as I put my hands on his cheeks also. I felt so happy inside. So warm, so perky and so beautiful. He made me feel happier and prettier than I had ever felt before. And maybe it was a good thing that Jesse and I got separated, as without that one bad thing I would've never got to feel this
one good thing. I felt even more grateful for that one bad thing as he pressed his forehead against mine and spoke.

"I love you." he whispered. I chuckled and pressed my forehead against his also.

"...I love you too."

THE END.