{22.} "I BROKE MY PROMISE"

third person perspective

    || Just calm down, okay? I'm sure she'll be fine."Jeremy put his hand on Jesse's shoulder as Jesse nodded. Fate and Tom had left, as they had a big shooting day tomorrow and they needed some sleep. Yet as Jesse couldn't even move, he called up Jeremy and he finally came.  Jeremy had been doing his best to comfort Jesse for the past twenty minutes.

"I-I-I'm just so terrified..." Jeremy frowned and nodded.

"I know, but, don't worry. She's going to be okay. I promise."

"Mr Eisenberg?" Jesse stood up immediately as the doctor came out and and called his name.

"Y-yes. That's me." He quickly walked towards him. "What is it?" he frowned slightly.

"Well, it turns out that she'll be just f--" he then quickly turned towards the door of the room she was in. His eyes bulged. He could clearly see something that Jesse couldn't see. "Oh god." he rushed into the room quickly, leaving Jesse hanging. Jesse followed him.

"What's wrong?" Jesse gasped as soon as he walked into the room. Dory's heart monitor seemed to show that her heart was beating very quickly. Her body was pale and seemed lifeless. How could this happen? Everyone told him it was going to be okay, but it wasn't okay. He began to breathe in and out heavily and started to panic.

"Dory?...D-Dory?"

"SOMEONE GET HIM OUT OF HERE!"

"No no no...Dory...Dory...Dory! Dory DON'T!" he began to thrash and scream as two doctors grabbed him by his arms and began to pull him away. "DORY NO! N-NO!" Jesse shouted even more as he was taken out of the room. Both of the doctors went to go back in, yet Jesse grabbed one by the arm. "Please! You don't understand! You have to let me in there!" the man shook his head.

"I'm sorry Mr Eisenberg. I can't do that." Jesse looked to the room again. There was a window in the doorway, all Jesse could see was her heart monitor.

"P-please--"

"I'm sorry." he went to go back into the room, yet I stopped him.

"W-wait, please." Jesse quickly pulled a small, black box out of my pocket. He knew exactly what it was yet the doctor didn't. "Give this to her for me. Please?" the doctor looked at it and slowly nodded. He took the box into his pocket then walked back into the room. Jesse watched and he knew he was supposed to sit down, but, he didn't. He kept watching. Then,

Jesse gasped and watched as the line on the heart monitor, went straight. The loud beeping sound that would usually have a beat or rhythm, now one single sound. The doctors continued to work, maybe there was time to save her? Jesse slowly backed away. No. There wasn't. Dory was dead. Or at least, that's what Jesse thought.

"O-oh God... I broke my promise...I-I said I'd n-never let...anything happen to you..."

As her heart stopped beating, his heart broke. Terrified and unable to accept the truth, he turned and quickly ran out of the building. Yet little did he know, her heart then began to beat again. Yet he swore he'd never forgive himself.