{18.} "I DON'T NEED YOU ANYMORE"

Dory's Perspective 

  || "Tired yet?" Jeremy leaned over to look at me. I smiled at him and rolled my eyes playfully.

"Nope!" Jeremy sighed.

"You know Dory, I don't know how you do it. I'm exhausted." I shrugged.

"Maybe you just need to get more sleep." Jeremy narrowed his eyes.

"Did you really just say that your best friend, whom is known for being a insomniac?" I put up my hands in surrender.

"I'm sorry, it's true!" Jeremy rolled his eyes and rested his elbow on the front counter, his chin resting in his palm.

"Whatever." I went to reply, yet I was interrupted as Nicola walked into the store. The clothes she was wearing were much fancier than the clothes she would usually wear, and she was holding a cup of black coffee from Starbucks with no lid on it. The coffee appeared to be very, very hot from what I noticed when she turned to me. I frowned.

"Nicola, where have you been? You were supposed to be here about a hour ago--"

"Dory, I quit." I frowned even more as Jeremy stood up straight.

"What? Why?" he began to question her. I could hear a tone of disbelief in his voice yet he didn't seem to be to upset yet. Nicola sighed.

"I just can't stay here anymore." Jeremy rolled his eyes.

"You're never even here anyways. Go ahead, get out." Nicola now seemed offended.

"That's not true!"

"Dory takes your shifts everyday, you do nothing. Leave."

"I've been here longer than she has! Clearly someone's picking favorites!"

"No you haven't, now you're just lying!" Jeremy laughed a little, now disgusted as he took a step closer. "Now leave before I call security."

"You know what," I quickly got between them as Nicola started.

"Guys please don't fight!" I tried to interrupt but it was too late. All I had done was get in the way. It was too late as Nicola yelled.

"FUCK YOU!" Nicola suddenly threw her coffee in Jeremy and I's direction. I gasped as the coffee hit my face and spilled all over my dress, the liquid stinging my skin and damping my hair in the slightest. I looked down at my dress. This dress was new, and it was my favorite. Yet it was now nearly ruined as the coffee began to leave a large stain on the front of it. Nicola gasped and put a hand over her mouth.

"Dory, I'm so sorry! That wasn't meant for you, I swear--"

"Nicola," I slowly looked up at her, a frown now on my face. I tried my best to not be brutal as I spoke. "Please, either buy some soap or kindly leave." Nicola slowly nodded. Her head was lowered as she walked out of the store. I tried my best to dust myself off as I turned to Jeremy. "Please tell me I can go home..." I sighed. Jeremy nodded.

"Y-Yeah, go ahead. Dory I'm really sorry--"

"No no, it's fine." I faked a small smile and quickly got my coat on. "I'll see you tomorrow." Jeremy nodded.