{14.} KISSES AND TAXI CABS

|| I yawned loudly. I had woken up a while ago, yet I was still fatigued from the events of yesterday so I had stayed in bed. I liked it here... Dory had insisted that she wouldn't be comfortable not sleeping in the same bed and I didn't want to awake her. I loved the way she held onto me so tightly last night after telling me she was afraid of the dark. She looked so pretty when she slept.

She turned towards me and rested her head on my chest. I chuckled and wrapped my arms around her. Her body was still warm and it gave me comfort as I closed my eyes again. I felt more at peace than I had in a very, very long time. I wished I could stay like that for a longer amount of time. Well, at least for longer. I laughed again as she then rubbed her cheek against mine. I tightened my grip on her and shook her slightly, deciding it was time for her to wake up.

"Dory, wake up...It's time to wake up." she groaned loudly and turned away.

"No..."

"Yes..." I chuckled and kept shaking her gently. "It's time to wake up." as I repeated myself, she put her hand on my face and pushed me away.

"N-n...No. Not yet." I grinned as she turned away. I grabbed her by her waist and pulled her towards me again.

"I'll tickle you." I whispered in her ear as she gasped. She turned her head to look at me.

"You wouldn't." she whispered back.

"Oh I would." as she gasped and tried to get away, I tickled her sides. She threw her head back and began to laugh uncontrollably.

"Jesse stop! Please!" she spoke in between laughs as she shook her head back and forth. I sat up and began to tickle her even more.

"You have to get up first!"

"No no, please! I just wanna sleep!" I stopped and leaned towards her.

"I'll tickle your feet." she gasped loudly.

"You wouldn't."

"I would."

"My feet are too far away, you would have to reach."

"I don't mind."

"Don't you dare."

"I'm gonna do it." I began to make my way down to where her feet were, yet she quickly pulled her feet up and hid under the covers.

"No no! Don't do it Jesse! Don't touch my feet!"
I pulled the covers off her and stared down at her again.

"I'm gonna touch your feet."

"I'll get up I'll get up!" she put up her hands and laughed. She sat up and smiled at me. We stared at each other for a few moments. I stared into her eyes and she smiled a little
more. I put my hand on her cheek. This could
be my moment... I began to lean towards her yet she stopped me as she jumped towards me and wrapped her hands around my neck.

"Whoa!" I chuckled as she pushed me down onto the bed and hugged me tightly. I hugged her back, burying my face into her shoulder and resting a hand on her back. She pulled away and smiled at me.

"You know Jesse, you're a pretty cool cat." I covered my mouth to stop myself from laughing.

"...Thank you, Dory. You're a cool cat too."

"Thanks Jesse." she then hugged me again. I sighed heavily and whispered to myself.

"Ugh, You're adorable."