Chapter 3

BPOV

"I'm 21 years old and I still hate alcohol. I'm still, like, a child." Hux laughed.

They were exiting the Cheesecake Factory, and had bought an entire s'mores cheesecake to bring home. Ben found a bench for them to sit on as they waited for the Uber. 

Ben wondered aloud, "I wonder if they're going to be sleeping when we get home."

"It's only 10:30."

"I want to stay up late. I don't want the night to end." Ben's heart sank when he realised that tonight was the last night he'd be spending with Hux for a long time. He squeezed Hux's hand. "I just want to stay here with you, looking up at the sky for the rest of the night."

Ben's eyes wandered around the pitch-black night sky sprinkled with glowing white stars. He could see out of the corner of his eye that Hux was looking at them too.

Hux sighed aloud, looking back at Ben. "I wish for that too," He started. "But I have to board the flight by 9 o'clock tomorrow."

"So... let's say we get back to Luke's place at 11. Then we shower and-"

"Look, Ben," Hux stared into Ben's eyes. "It just can't happen. I'm really, really tired. And I love you. I love you so, so much. But I can't stay up after I shower, I might not even do that. I just need to sleep."

Ben nodded, sighing. "Okay."

"Here, how about this. After I fall asleep, you can watch Game of Thrones without me."

"I'm never watching it without you again."

"Well, I'll go to sleep and you do whatever you want."

The Uber came and drove Ben and Hux back to Luke's place. Ben rang the doorbell and suddenly, there was a ton of loud barking coming from the other side of the door.

'Chewie?' Ben thought. He heard human footsteps get louder as they approached the door and Rey opened the door. Her tired eyes were hardly open and her bra strap length hair was in array.

She smiled when she saw Ben and Hux. "Glad you two are back." Then, Chewie rushed in from the corner and started to nip at Ben's jeans. Rey laughed a bit, kneeled down and started to pet him.

Ben wondered to why Chewie was here. "Is my dad here, Rey?" He asked.

"Oh, yeah. Han's just in the living room. We were watching Family Feud. My dad is upstairs, already sleeping." Rey looked up at Hux. "Also Brendol, Han brought the animals. Chewie is here as you can see, and he brought Millicent too. That's alright with you, right?"

Ben looked over as Hux blinked twice. Ben could tell that he'd zoned out. "Oh. Oh yeah, totally. My mum and dad said I can have her for my trip anyway, so that's why she's been living with you all anyway."

"Cool." Rey smiled, standing back up. She noticed the Cheesecake Factory bag in Ben's left hand. Her eyes widened. "Leftovers?"

"Nah, it's a cheesecake." Hux answered. "S'mores."

"Hell yeah. Can I have some?"

"Isn't it too late for cheesecake?" Ben asked.

"Never too late for cheesecake, my man. Also, Han's asleep, I forgot to mention. He dozed off on the couch. I was just about to call you guys to see where you were." Rey took the bag from Ben and went into the kitchen. Ben and Hux went into the living room to see Han curled up in a corner of the couch. Ben picked up the remote and turned off the TV.

"Hey, Ben?" Rey called from the kitchen. "Brendol? You guys want any?"

"No, we're about to go to sleep." Ben answered. He and Hux walked into the kitchen to see Rey nibbling a small slice of the cheesecake.

"Dang. I thought we could watch Game of Thrones."

"Tomorrow. After... Brendol leaves." Ben looked back at Hux, who put an arm around Ben's shoulder.

"Ugh. That in itself really stinks." Rey looked over at Hux. "I'm so, so sorry, Brendol. I'm going to miss you. But you know that already."

Hux laughed. "I'm going to miss you too, Rey."

As they started to make their way up the stairs, Rey whisper-shouted after them, "Don't do anything naughty while y'all are up there, lovebirds!!"

Ben nearly choked on thin air while Hux said and laughed, "Oh my god, jeezus, Rey."

They left Rey downstairs and Chewie and Millicent followed them. Ben was still surprised that they got along so well, from little he always that all cats and dogs hated each other.

Hux was first to go through the doors of the guest room that Luke had said they could stay in. Ben walked through and Hux leaned against the door, shutting it. Ben turned back to face Hux, who was already looking at him. They looked into each other's eyes.

Faster than light itself, Ben was on top of Hux against the door, furiously making out. Ben lifted the hem of Hux's shirt and threw it off, and they continued for about another minute until Hux broke off.

"Ben," Hux said, panting. His eyes became less wild and softened. "I'm going to go shower." Then Hux walked up to Ben and gave him one final, long kiss on the mouth before picking up his shirt and walking into the bathroom.

Ben sat on the bed. He realised that Rey might've been downstairs hearing all the noises he and Hux were making upstairs. He sighed, choosing to push that out of his memory.

His summer with Hux had come to an end. And he wouldn't be seeing him at school the next week. But strangely, Ben didn't feel empty or sad about it. He felt very satisfied about it... to say the most. He knew that Hux would call. He knew he'd see Hux at holidays and also, he was going to be a neurologist, which is what he wanted to do. And then he would do acting still on the side. Also, Ben was doing what he wanted to do... he was going to do improv theatre on the weekends at a place Snoke had recommended him. It seemed like everyone had won anyway, when it all came down to that. And he knew that he and Hux would stay together.

Ben then fell asleep, still in his outside clothes, listening to the faint humming of Hux humming in the shower.

HPOV

"Oh, Ben." Hux laughed at the sight of Ben lying on top of the cover on his side, sleeping. He noticed that he hadn't even changed.

Hux dried his hair with one hand and stroked Ben's hair with the other. When he finished drying his hair he walked to the light-switch and turned it off so it was completely dark in the room.

He lifted up the covers and nestled his nose in Ben's hair. He was exhausted. He was also surprised that Ben fell asleep before him, because he was the one who wanted to stay awake.

"Goodnight, love." Hux whispered to Ben before he dozed off himself.