Chapter 19

Author's Note: I'm writing a Lex Luthor  minific (shorter than a fanfic, longer than a one-shot) very soon for my DC Comics fans that follow me on here. I'll really appreciate it if you guys read it, and please can you also read my other fics? I'll also be writing a Quicksilver one as well (the X-Men one). Tell your friends about me so I can get more than 31 followers. - staygoldstiles

December 3rd was the day that Hux went back to school. His parents were now safely settled in his grandparents's house in Kew Gardens, close to London, for their month long visit. Hux was almost glorified to come back to school- every vacation he had without Ben was mostly uneventful.

As he walked through the massive London town on his way back from his grandparents's, the feeling he experienced was complete nostalgia. He remembered the sweets shop his mum would take him to. He walked by the house of the old lady that would bring the mail (the lady had passed away nearly 15 years ago, but Hux still remembered her. She was a sweet old woman). Hux eventually got to the London Bridge and he sat down on a bench and just marvelled at it for a while. America may be the place that Hux lived, but England was and always would be his home.

Hux eventually got a taxicab to drive him back to Starkiller base. He checked the date. It was December 2nd and he had class tomorrow. Now that the day was over, Hux only had 13 more days until winter vacation. This was his last thought before he went to sleep.

After school the next day, he was at a coffee shop with Ellen Phasma, and they were both working on the homework that the Headmistress had given them. Hux wondered if this was the time that he would tell Ellen that he was dating Ben.

Hux said, "Hey, Ellen? What was your ex-boyfriend's name, anyway?"

Ellen looked up, surprised. "Benjamin."

"May I please have his last name?"

"I don't know if I should tell you. Are you going to like, stalk him or something?"

Hux shook his head no. "Would I really do that?"

"It's Ben Solo. Why do you need to know this information, Brendol Hux?"

Hux took a deep breath in. "I've got something to tell you, Ellen."

"About my ex? I'm confused." Ellen dropped her pencil and ran her fingers through her short platinum blonde hair. "I've been thinking too much. Sorry. Just tell me what it is."

"I'm dating your ex, Ellen. Benjamin Solo."

Ellen looked like she was ready to spit out her drink. She smiled a bit and laughed, shaking her head. "Nah man, that's not true. No friggin way."

"I'm bi, and I went to the same college as him in the same state for a year. We got together in September." As Hux was saying this, Ellen was shaking her head. "He's my boyfriend."

Ellen looked up at Hux. "When were you going to tell me this?"

"Well, I didn't know how you'd react. It was hurting me to be spending so much time with my boyfriend's ex when she had no idea that we are dating. It was especially awkward for me the times you mentioned him."

"I mentioned the guy, like, once a month, Brendol. Something in my heart is telling me not to, but I believe you anyway. It's weird.

"I hated the way things ended with us, Brendol. It was like we never had proper closure in the ending of our relationship. I don't know what I'm telling this to a guy I met 3 months ago, but still."

"Are you fully over him?"

"Of course I'm fully over him! Especially now that I know that he's taken. But honestly, I had forgotten about him, but at the same time I feel like I must've thought about him pretty often. Do you know what I mean?"

"Yeah. Believe it or not, I do."

"I want to talk to him again. Not to talk about our abruptly-ended relationship, but just to talk to him, you know? Just to see how he's doing and stuff." Ellen sighed, sitting her iced latte. "You're lucky to have him, to be honest. He was a perfect boyfriend. I bet he still is."

"You would bet right." Hux said, smiling.

"Has he mentioned me at all? Is he just as handsome?"

"Yes he has. He talked pretty fondly of you. And yes, Ben is just as handsome. Probably longer hair than when you were dating him though."

"That boy just would not cut his hair."

"Yep." They both laughed. 

"I wanna speak to him again, Brendol. See him again. Just to say hi and catch up. I miss him."

"I know that you'll see him again. And Ben already knows I go to school with you."

"You guys talked about me a lot, didn't you?"

"No, not really. Whenever we brought you up, we would always say good things. He wanted to see you and talk to you again as well." A lightbulb came on in Hux's brain. "Hey, Ellen? Would you be willing to talk to him now, perhaps? I can call him."

"I don't know. And remember the time zone difference? He might not be awake... and he might be busy."

"Oh yeah. The time zone difference." Hux muttered. "That time zone difference thing has been tearing me apart from him. We're always too busy to talk to each other and when we're not, that stupid time zone difference always gets in our way. I hate it with a burning passion."

"Here, this will help. How about you call him every day at 10:45 in the night, our time? That is when my parents are done with work and I'm done with schoolwork."

"That's a great idea. I'll try it. If I'm not too tired by 10:45."

"Do you know what time it is now?"

Hux checked his phone. "It's 3:07."

"That's 11:07 for Ben."

"I don't know if he'll be awake. He always goes to bed early."

Ellen gestures to Hux's phone. "You'll never know if you don't try."

*******

Ben was awake. He was just about to go to bed. Hux has shared the schedule with him, and he was overexcited to finally hear a solution to their ongoing problem. Then Hux said, "I'm with Ellen right now, and we're doing homework. She will love to speak to you." Hux handed the phone over to Ellen, who took it gingerly.

"Ben?" She asked. "It's me." Hux watched a smile begin to make its way onto Ellen's face. She looked so happy that Hux thought she might cry tears of joy. She got up from the table and went outside so there would be less noise.

Hux wasn't listening to their conversation, but he could hear tiny snippets of it through the thin glass doors of the cafe. His table was in fact right next to the door, and Ellen was leaning against it. From the tone of her voice and from some of the rings Hux heard her saying, he could tell that she was glad to hear from Ben again and eager to learn about his new life. Hux almost couldn't believe that Ellen Phasma was the same girl that Ben had told him about on their date to the Cheesecake Factory over a year ago. It really showed him that people can change quite a bit.