Chapter Eight

Late update because of writing stress and me rethinking this entire book.

12:06, June 6, 1983

12:06, June 6, 1983.

Vale wondered if she could die of embarrassment, if she could roll over and that would be the end.

"Are you alright?" A voice asked, concern seeping through their accent.

She pushed herself off of the landing to stand. Her face felt as if it was on fire. "Yeah, I-I'm fine. I tend to check if the gravity is still working."

Jubilee chuckled and so did the stranger. Vale was surprised that they found it humorous.

"We're headed for the kitchen, wanna come?" Jubilee offered.

"I'm starving."

Together the trio walked to the kitchen, the accented voice asking questions every so often. Once they got to their destination Vale dived for the fridge.

"I'm gonna show Kurt the upstairs," Jubilee told her. "Have fun raiding the place."

"Hmhm." She nodded with a package in between her teeth. "It wash niche meeching you."

"It vas nice to meet you too." Said the boy, Kurt, as they left.

Vale smacked her forehead, she probably looked stupid with the package of roast beef hanging from her mouth. You see, this is what hunger does. It makes a fool out of yourself! She thought.

After the young mutant devoured her sandwich she started her search for Jean. Surprisingly she found her a lot faster than Vale thought. Unfortunately, Jean was driving off before she could stop her.

Vale lollygagged around the mansion's halls. She popped her head in the library, but quickly came to the realization that she could no longer read without a headache.

Rather irritated, the teenager decided that maybe she could hang out with Alison. However her plans were quickly shot down. The older girl seemed occupied with another mutant in the lounge.

"Whoa," She shook her head, stopping in her tracks. The blind girl tilted her head at the muffled sounds and energies from the lower levels.

Vale searched for the elevator to the lowest level, it wasn't hard when she could see through the walls.

She pressed a button that she presumed was the down button. When she stepped inside she could faintly hear the professor saying something, maybe screaming.

When Vale had first arrived she thought this place was some sort of teacher's lounge. Boy was she wrong.

Her power sent and received the thick walls way before she reached the level. The professor, Hank, and three other unknown energies, one human, stood in a dome like room. 

Before the elevator stopped on the floor, Vale could hardly tell what was going on. It all happened so fast. The Professor had been taken by a powerful, maybe ancient, mutant and four others.

Then she felt the heat.

Bing!

The mutant screamed as the explosion neared her face. When she blinked she was outside the institute, her voice dying down as she realized she was no longer in the inferno.

Vale released the wave all around the burning remains of the school. Searching for anyone left behind. Fortunately everyone that was around the explosion was with her.

"Holy shit." She gasped. It seemed she found their rescuer, their energy blinked faster than anyone else she had yet encountered.

A weird chopping sound boomed through her ears. No one seemed to notice.

"Where is my brother?" Scott shouted. He stomped across the grass, Jean following close behind him.

"I'm pretty sure I got everybody." A male voice said, the one with the fast energy.

"Alex was closest to the blast." Hank mumbled.

Scott stormed through the ruins, beams of energy shot from his eyes(or where Vale thought his eyes were). Jean comforted the boy any possible way she could. Who Vale supposed was Kurt, wasn't far behind them.

The chopping sound got closer.

Vale ran up to the trio to warn them about the noise. She was too late, a helicopter landed on the ground. Human solders jumping out one by one.

"I'm getting some bad vibes from this." Vale muttered, finally next to the three teens.

A sonic waved blasted out of the helicopter, every mutant in it's range dropping to the ground. Vale cried out at the ringing in her ears. The blind girl barely noticed a three fingered hand lightly touching her shoulder.

"Are you okay?" Kurt asked quietly. She almost forgot about his accent.

"Fine." Vale loosened her grip on her head. "Thanks."

They crouched low behind a broken bit of the mansion. Watching as the solders picked out certain mutants. Hank was one of them.

"Crap. One of them is coming." Vale warned.