Chapter Thirteen

14:46, June 8, 1983

14:46, June 8, 1983.

The car jolted to a stop in the parking lot. Somehow, Antionette enjoyed that ride of insanity at the hand of Alison. Even if her stomach was tied in knots.

"I'm driving next time!" Tabitha growled from behind Antionette.

"I-I th-think I'm going t-to be sick." Jamie groaned from the last row, which originally was supposed to be the trunk.

The group of young mutants piled out of the Volkswagen van grumbling about the ride. Alison led the pack to the entrance of the Westchester Mall. Antionette could still remember the last time she came here, still as weird and beautiful as her previous visit.

So many different people and their friends walk through the glass doors everyday. She bet even the security guards don't even know how many different people come through. The group of mutants would surely be remembered with all the colorful clothes and the blue guy, who really seemed to like his bright sweater.

"Alright, I say we split up in two groups. Boys and girls." Antionette stopped the mutants from gallivanting off in different directions. "We'll meet at the food court in two hours, got it?"

Her companions mumbled their agreements and they separated.

"Oh and guys." She turned to the group of boys. "Don't lose Jamie. The Professor will have our heads."

Antionette and the rest of the girls took off for the clothing shops.

15:32, June 8, 1983

After entering many obscure stores the mutant girls browsed through Macy's, some of them carrying bags filled to the top with clothes that they found to their liking. Jubilee and Alison unconsciously became fashion professors for Amara, the girl named Ororo, Jean, and the blind girl who unknowingly kicked Antionette's best rabbit friend down the stairs.

"Give us a turn." Jubilee said to the young Brazilian girl in the black and white jumpsuit. Amara twirled with such grace that someone might have mistaken her for a ballerina in a music box .

"Do you like it?" Antionette asked from her spot next to Jubilee.

Antionette and the girl with the yellow jacket were almost complete opposites. While Jubilee sported stunning colors and large hoop earrings, the girl with white hair wore dark shades of makeup and fishnet leggings. However not to be fooled by their appearances, Jubilee was the embodiment of Joan Jett & the Blackheart's song "Bad Reputation" while Antionette was one for responsibility.

"I love the stripes." Amara beamed at the article of clothing.

"You look so flash!" The younger girl remarked. "That's defiantly a keeper."

"Um..." A small voice sounded from the changing room behind Antionette. "I need a little help from someone who can see properly."

Antionette slightly opened the creaky blue door, revealing a short girl who lost a battle with a white tank top. Jubilee and Amara tried to hold back their snickers.

"Duck your head." Antionette said as she helped the brunette out of her dysfunction. "And move your arm through--there."

"You look a lot better without your head in the arm hole by the way." Amara tried her best to complement the blind girl.

The girl mumbled her thanks and pulled at the straps of her black suspenders awkwardly. Antionette gazed at the brunette's bandages that covered her shoulders, her right calf, and her foot. The younger girl was littered with scratches and bruises, Antionette wondered why she opted to come, and how much pain was in this short frame the girl had.

"Hey, you four," A familiar voice yelled from the other end of the fitting room. "We're going to pay. So if you want something get your asses over to the register quick."

Tabitha. Antionette scrunched her face in disgust as she thought about the blonde.

She and Tabitha had never gotten along. Antionette had arrived at the institute on rough note with her family, Tabitha only made it worse. She was the one to start all of the rumors and horrible names the students murmured at Antionette. Those horrible things where dark clouds in Antionette's bright sky but they were not the only clouds covering her sun. Not to mention what she did to Fluffy Buns.

"Lets go guys." Antionette said the trio.

16:02, June 8, 1983.

Once the girls had finished their thrilling shopping spree they headed for the food court, as promised. However their joy was slashed away quickly when they stumbled upon the four boys shouting at each other. Minus Kurt, the tall German was panicking in a circle.

Antionette rushed to the scene with the rest of the girls behind her.

"Where is Jamie?" Antionette shouted over Sam and Scott. "Don't tell me you lost him."

"You guys literally had one job!" Jean chided, mostly to Scott than the three others.

Scott shuffled back with his arms raised in a defensive matter. "I wasn't the last one with him."

Alison sent the blond boy, Sam, a deadly glare. He also denied not being with Jamie when they lost him.

"I lost zhe small child!" Kurt bellowed with his hands covering his face. His tone in utter distraught. "I vas vith him in zhe musik schtore and vhen I looked back he vas gone!"

The blue mutant began to pace in a circle cursing in his language like he did when the girls arrived.

"Great! Just great!" Tabitha grumbled with her arms crossed. "I'm getting probation because of a little brat."

Antionette balled her fists. She wondered if the wall would like to be acquainted with Tabitha's facial features. Of course she would never act upon such an urge, but this time it was almost like everything was taunting her to do it. She shut the voices out and kept her face calm.

"We'll just have to search for him in groups, we'll cover more ground. Two of us will stay here just in case he remembers the meet up spot." Antionette informed the rest of her companions.

The mutants came to the decision that they would find the lost boy on their own, and not to involve security for the fear of Professor Xavier hearing about the incident. Or rather to prove they could handle the responsibility.

She began to split them in an uneven amount of five groups. Ororo, Jean, Scott, and Alison formed a party, while Jubilee and Amara headed off with Sam. Vale, Kurt, and Antionette left Tabitha with a boy Antionette knew little about.

Antionette once heard he was called Forge. The boy with cinnamon skin seemed trusting enough for her.

With a quick pace, the teenage mutants began their search for the missing nine year-old.

PS.

Once again buggy2222 really helped with this chapter. THANK YOU BUG!

She's awesome btw.

I also added the 80s term "flash" ex. "That bag is so flash!"

And awhile back I had "book" in one of the older chapters, as in to scat or leave.

Thanks for still reading!

Love, TophPug