Chapter Fifteen

Excuse me while I cry to Welcome to the Black Parade and Cancer

19:48, June 8, 1983.

The sixteen year-old woke to buzzing electricity that ran through the building. Stealing a big whiff of air only made her head spin even more. The room reeked of sweat and mildew. Vale sat up from her place on the rough concrete floor, coughing out the stench.

Her heart jumped to a faster beat in the realization of being in a cell. Vale's attention bounced to all the walls. She sauntered closer to the bars, her head tilted at the power that ran up and down it.

"I w-wouldn't t-t-touch that." A small voice spoke from the back corner of the musty room. "It hurts."

Vale recognized the energy pattern as Jamie. The boy who Kurt lost at the mall. It was almost comical that all the actions leading after him disappearing were the ones that sent the young mutants here.

Groans and muttered curses pierced through the silence every so often with the sedative wearing off each mutant. Fortunately they were all in the same cell together. Unfortunately, all thirteen mutants were in the same cell together. It awfully resembled the car ride to the mall.

Finding a comfortable seat in the concrete room was like getting a good grade on an algebra test. Unlikely.

The German boy, Kurt, only increased her nerves with rocking back and forth, muttering incoherent words.

"Is it just me," Vale broke the quiet atmosphere. "Or am I the only one who doesn't completely know what the hell happened."

"You're not the only one." A male voice mumbled from the wall closest to her. Vale hadn't met him before.

"Well, Forge, why don't you ask Tabitha." said the girl who talked to nothing, her tone a little shaken.

The blind girl switched her stare from the hall outside the metal bars to the mutant's energy. The auric glow around her hands were a brighter sliver than the rest of her.

Tabitha merely scoffed at all of their attention.

"If it wasn't for me we wouldn't have never found the twerp." She snapped.

"H-h-hey!" Jamie chirped at Tabitha's insult.

"If it wasn't for you we wouldn't be in jail!" The girl retorted. Even through her sharp words, Vale could hear the quaver. Her ragged breathing only quickened with anger.

"Can we please not get into another argument?"Jean interrupted the two girls. "We really don't need more ruined buildings on our record."

Vale hung her head at the reminder of what the young mutants had done to the mall. Frightened screams split through her brain once again. The holding cell dropped back to it's original silent state.