Chapter Eleven

16:28, June 6, 1983

16:28, June 6, 1983.

"Oh crap! Move!" She yelled at Scott and Jean right before a mutant in the air shot metallic darts at them. Jean blocked the assault by levitating broken blocks of a building.

That wasn't all. A new mutant dropped down as the previous one flew away, bolts of energy spiking off of their body. They shot first.

Vale did her best to dodge the mutant's blasts, but she couldn't register their bolts quick enough. A burning sensation erupted on her calf.

"Screw you and your lighting bullshit." Vale grumbled, drowning out the pain with curses. She touched the wound carefully and winced. "Mother of ass shit!"

Vale stood up slowly, whipping the blood on her suit. She scanned for Hank, he was being attacked by a mutant with strange plasma energy coming from their hand. Scott and Jean held their ground against the lighting mutant.

She directed her attention to Kurt. The boy had gotten so close to the Professor, only to be knocked off a pillar by the flying mutant.

"What do I do? What do I do?" She mumbled frantically as she hobbled behind remains of the city.

She watched as Scott and the sparkler battled it out with their powers. I need to at least do something helpful. She thought.

She began a search for something to throw, successfully coming up with a small chunk of cement. She focused on the mutant hovering in the air. With all the strength in her arm she chucked the piece of cement.

They stopped their attack on Scott and Jean, the atmosphere felt deadly as the mutant zoned in on her. Vale guessed she didn't miss.

Anger radiated off of the mutant as they manipulated the wind to slam Vale into pile of assorted building materials. Vale groaned, pain shooting from all over her body.

All she could feel after Kurt teleported her back into the jet was nausea and waves pain. A migraine began to grow as she slumped into a chair.

"Here we go." Hank said as he got the plane in the air.

Right as they were high off the ground, a THUNK! sounded from metal ceiling.

"What the hell was that?" The human asked.

"For the love of all things great," Vale snarled as she stood. "Let that not be someone who wants to kill us."

The mutant who battled Hank dropped on jet floor, their power in hand.

"Kurt." Jean said. The wheals turning in her head. "Everyone grab hold of Nighcrawler!"