Chapter Nine

This chapter was co-written by buggy2222 . Thanks buggy for making an amazing character.

 Thanks buggy for making an amazing character

13:59, June 6, 1983.

Things like this have been inevitable forever. Dark shades of sorrow will fall over people, lives will be put on hold. The world would seem as if it stopped spinning in shock of it all. And the devastation when they would mourn the lost.

When Antionette opened her eyes after the blast from the helicopter, she felt soft whiskers on her cheek. Fluffy Buns sniffed at her face, even if he was a rabbit she could see his worry.

Antionette pushed herself off the green grass and faced the wrecked school for gifted youngsters.

Broken walls and burnt remains littered the grounds where a place she held dear to had stood. The mansion had been many things to the mutants who lived there. A home from home, a school, sanctuary. Now it was gone.

Antionette snatched the flowers planted under a near by tree, green leaves now a burnt from the heat of the blast. She once again faced to institute remains.

"What is she doing?" A student whispered loudly to another.  

"Paying my respects to the two we lost." She hissed just loud enough for them to hear. She stood at the edge of the destruction.

Antionette stared at the two white-petaled flowers she held in her palm. It almost seemed humorous that something so beautiful still remained even after this.

"Alex was the only one left in the building. We're luckily we didn't lose anyone else." Alison told her. The older girl rested her hand on Antionette's shoulder for comfort.

"No." Antionette corrected. "Scotty was with him."

Alison quirked her brow at the girl with white hair. "Scotty?"

"He was the imaginary friend Scott was named after." Antionette said quietly.

The blonde didn't question any further on the subject. Nobody saw her dear friends that she held so close to heart, even after they left her she could still remember every detail of them. She knew she wasn't crazy, but hearing the other kids whisper behind her back she started to believe a little more in her insanity.

Of course the friends she did make were just like any normal friends. Except the fact they knew a lot of secrets and nobody saw them when the walked around in plain sight. They'd tell her anything, she only had to ask.

Antionette tossed the small flowers into what was left of her home. The white of the petals glowed compared to black ashes surrounding them.

Her face hardened into a stone like expression, she would not let the darkness consume her. Antionette straightened and sharply turned to the older blonde.

"We're going to need tents and food." The teen told Alison. "You go take Sam and a few of the older students with you. I'll stay with the kids."

The older girl put on a questioning face. She seemed to weigh the options she had. Alison complied with Antionette's decision. The blonde nodded and jogged over to a boy with sandy hair.

Antionette watched as Alison and Sam took the older mutants to the closest bus stop. She was now left with the younger students and a destroyed mansion.

The girl with white hair faced the glum mutants with solemn smile. They looked devastated. Antionette kneeled down a boy who she recognized as Jamie Madrox.

"Would you like to hold him?" She asked as she picked up Fluffy Buns from his position beside her.

The nine-year-old's eyes widened at the rabbit's glow and nodded happily. Some of his friends gathered in awe of the small pet. It saddened her that they were the only students left who hadn't grown up.

"You know we are going to need fire wood if we are going to stay here." Antionette said. "We could use you're help. I'll even let you guys take Fluffy Buns with you."

Jamie gave her a toothy grin, he was missing several of his teeth. "Ch-challenge accepted! C'mon g-guys, who ever g-gets the mo-most w-w-wood wins!"

The little army of young mutants ran off with Fluffy Buns in tow. Antionette looked at the two teens that had stayed behind. The two girls stared at her with confusion and judgment. Antionette had gotten used to those faces.

"Amara you and Rahne are in charge of them. Make sure they don't kill each other with sticks." She ordered them, pointing at the group of kids tromping around the trees.

The two girls smirked at each other and joined the other mutants. Antionette hoped that the position didn't go to their heads.

Antionette looked at the ground trying to find some pretty rocks. She managed to find the most deformed, large, and colorful selection of rocks she could find. The rocks didn't make the perfect circle but they did manage to make the best looking fire pit she had seen.

Of course the sun hasn't begun to set yet, but she was worried the kids wouldn't make it back before the sun left the blue sky and the moon and stars come to say goodnight.

Ten minutes passed before the little mutant army arrived with an assortment of wood from little twigs to large logs. Antionette and Amara set up the wood so it could burn and not run out of oxygen. They soon after began a game of tag Rahne, who was currently in her wolf form bounding away from the grasps of the kids.

Not to terribly long later, Alison and the rest of the students came back with little supplies they could afford. The mutants pulled out tents and started building their small camp.

With a few flukes along the way, tents falling over, someone not reading the instructions right and "accidental" mutant power show down, the students of Xavier's School For Gifted Youngsters managed to pitch their tents.

After it all Antionette sat with her friends on the green grass with Fluffy Buns in her lap, Jamie had also joined her.

The scene was peaceful. Everyone enjoying themselves while Jubilee told them about their adventure at Costco. Though the dark shades of mourning still haunted the summer air. She couldn't help from staring at the wreckage of the school.

"D-do you think the-the Professor a-and Mr.M-McCoy are okay?" Jamie asked. The boy's stutter breaking the void.

Antionette stared down at the brown haired boy. "I think they are in trouble, but from what I've been told Professor Xavier and Mr.McCoy have been through a lot of trouble. They'll find a way to win."

"Hear me, inhabitants of this world." A voice rang through her head.

Ps.

I sorta roughly based Jamie, Amara, Tabitha, Rahne and Sam off of the show X-Men: Evolution. However, Jamie's stutter isn't cannon in the comics or the movies or the tv series.

And just for pete's sake I'll put their aliases here too.

Jamie Madrox = Multiple Man

Amara Aquilla = Magma

Tabitha Smith = Boom Boom

Rahne Sinclair = Wolfsbane

Sam Guthrie = Cannonball

THANK YOU LOVELY PEOPLE FOR READING!

Love, TophPug