Chapter Ten

14:49, June 6, 1983

14:49, June 6, 1983

"On zree. One, two--" Kurt's voice crackled over the broken speakers.

Scott's optic blast blew down the door that kept Hank and the others locked in the room. Vale let go of her ears, turning to one of the mutants she didn't recognize. Their energy blinked with almost a blue tint in the mix of sliver.

Vale was surprised that she could see color in the auric energy. Nothing else was like that.

"We know where the Professor is." Jean announced.

"I think I know a way out of this hell mountain." Vale told them. She concentrated on the halls to get the huge jet she spotted earlier. "Follow me."

She zigzagged her attention through the maze of walls to get to the hangar. Each of the group's steps echoing through her brain. Stay focused on the hangar. She reminded herself.

"You've been busy." A woman's voice remarked. The blue tinted one.

"We had a..." Scott faltered. "A little help."

Vale shook her head trying her best to lead them to the jet without losing the way.

"Watch out!"

Vale's heart stopped momentarily as the German boy blinked in and out of existence. After watching all of those men's energies going black, and Kurt blinking off and back on made her nervous.

"Jesus!" The fast man exclaimed as Kurt popped in the hall.

Vale studied the teleporter. His bright energy was dusted previously with a dark mist like substance when he vanished and appeared. It was puzzling to her. What was the mist? What is the odor that tickled her nose? Where did he go when teleported? How far could he travel? What would happen if he didn't reappear?

She blinked and skidded to a stop, grabbing her head. "Dammit!"

That was your one chance.

"Whoa, calm down." Hank reasoned as he stepped to her side. "Whats wrong?"

"I screwed up and got distracted." She growled, trying to regain the right passages to the hangar. She mumbled directions incoherently

"This is just great." The woman from earlier mumbled.

Vale took in a deep breath. Right when she was to do something useful with her powers, she screwed up. C'mon. C'mon! Focus you piece of crap! She told herself.

"I've got it!" She gasped and dove to the left.

They rounded a few corners and climbed down stairs before they reached the massive hangar. A large jet sat in the middle of two metal walls, and a rack of some sorts placed on the right.