Chapter Twelve

@-Mal24 you have made my day so many times

@-Mal24 you have made my day so many times. Thank you.

13:23, June 8, 1983.

The crisp smell of wood reeked the unfurnished mansion. Vale limped into foyer along with other eager students. The newly rebuilt school for gifted youngsters was littered with mutants of all ages moving boxes and furniture out of the large vehicle.

"Is there anything I could do to help?" Vale asked, leaning on a door frame. Most of the students where busy with loads and making the institute back to the way it was.

There was a slight pause before Hank answered her. "Vale, I told you that you shouldn't be moving around much. You won't heal if you're carrying tables."

"It's only a few minor bruises!" She protested.

"You had a puncture wound to the left side of you abdomen, a burn on your calf from a lighting bolt. Also you managed to fracture your shoulder blades and four of your toes." Hank explained. "And not to mention gashes, cuts, and bruises."

"But--"

"I suggest you wait outside until we're finished."

Vale didn't need to be a mind reader or to have perfect eyes to know he was irritated. Frustration and stress clearly showed in his voice.

You're too wounded to do anything useful. Her thoughts echoed.

More students passed in and out of the enormous mansion, the majority using their abilities to speed things up. Vale let out an angry huff in defeat. She limped out the open door, dodging a flying couch.

The young mutant uncomfortably leaned herself on a tree trunk. Vale bit her tongue at the stinging pain in her shoulders.

"You look like crap." A male voice remarked. The fast guy.

He hobbled over to her tree. He was a lot slower than before.

Vale fidgeted and winced at her bandaged side. "Thanks. I enjoy your appearance as well."

"Hey look, we're cast buddies." He pointed out, addressing her wrapped foot and his leg.

"Huh, yeah." She chuckled, stretching her foot. "Hank not let you help either?"

"Nah. I hoped that didn't have to carry boxes of text books." He said simply. "Wait, you actually wanted to move furniture all day?"

The sixteen year-old watched as a student multiplied themselves to carry a wardrobe up the stairs. She let out a sigh.

"It's Patrick, right?" She asked, a little hesitant not to ignore him. "I don't know if you nodded, but look Patrick--"

"It's Peter."

"Okay, Peter, whatever." Vale continued. She pulled out the blades of grass, overwhelmed by his blinking energy. "I really don't think spilling out my ridiculous reasons for wanting to help to a guy I hardly know is worth anything."

"Do you always talk like that?" He questioned. He was starting to get on her nerves.

Was it the way spoke? Or the way he kept bouncing to different topics? Vale was just...peeved.

"Do you always annoy people who want to be alone." Vale retorted, her nose wrinkled in a sneer.

"Okay, alright, we got off on the wrong foot." Peter began to chuckle at himself. "It's funny 'cause you're foot is broken, ha."

The blind girl had enough of Mr.Fast-Man.

Vale pushed her weight on her left foot, using the tree trunk for balance. She bit her lip at the stinging in her back.

"Fractured shoulder blades!" She winced when Peter steadied her. He let go of her shoulders quickly.

"You were beaten up badly." He remarked.

"Yep." She grumbled. Jubilee and Alison's bright auric energies neared the two mutants. "I'll talk to you later."

Vale met the duo halfway across the grass in front of the Xavier Institute. Near what she learned was a decorative water fountain.

"You look awful." Alison acknowledged, addressing Vale's bandages and bruises.

"So I've heard." She mumbled.

"Well the Professor is giving each student extra allowances for new clothes and stuff, since..." Jubilee said. Her voice trailing off near the end.

Vale hadn't been studying at the mansion for as long as Jubilee, so the explosion of the school hadn't effected her as much. Also given fact of being distracted with not dying.

"We're headed for the mall with a few others in ten." Alison finished.

As if someone had rung a bell, Kurt's energy blinked out from the school doorway and appeared in next to Vale. The smell of brimstone tickled her nose.

"Holy crap!" She jumped back at Kurt's surprise entrance.

"Sorry!" He said. Excitement in his tone. "You're going to zhe mall? Can I come?"

Vale assumed that either Jubilee or Alison had nodded. Within a heart beat the four teenagers teleported to the empty garage.

Not long after a large group of mutants entered the cold room. Vale recognized most of their energies, Jean, Scott, the lighting girl from Cairo, Tabitha, and one other. The girl who spoke to air.

"No Fluffy Buns, you can't come." She scolded nothing.

"I call schot gun!" Kurt claimed and teleported into the front seat of the vehicle. Vale touched the logo in the front of the large van.

"Sweet, they got the new Volkswagen." Vale remarked as she piled into the van with the others. She found herself next to the lighting girl.

Alison hopped in the drivers seat and started the engine.

"Hey, could you go to the back?" A male voice asked Kurt from outside of the car.

"But I called zhe schot gun." Kurt said, confusion in his voice. "Zhat is how it is in America?"

"Hurry up already, we don't have all day." Tabitha complained from third row.

"Could you move to the second row, Kurt?" Alison said calmly. "I kinda promised Sam he could sit next to me."

The teleporter let out a sigh and blinked out of Vale's radar. She bit back a swear when Kurt popped in next to her.

"Hold on to your lunch!" Alison warned them and hit the gas petal.

The packed van drove out of the property, speeding too the mall.

PS.

Was this chapter a bit too...I don't know...useless?

I know, filer chapters are DREADFUL!

Thank you readings!

Love, TophPug.