Chapter Twenty Seven

Grace's POV

Jake had came over today and we were currently cuddled together on the couch playing Ryan's Xbox. I had never played before, which made me pretty bad at it, especially since I knew Jake had really enjoyed video games.

We were playing Call Of Duty, a game that I never really understood the point of, eating popcorn on the couch.

Jake and I were on the same team, although he seemed to grasp the concept and controls a lot better than I did. He was good at moving around and aiming, as well as using the radar displayed on his screen.

I however died about every five seconds and didn't even take a glance at the radar considering I could barely move my character around.

Jake did his best to help me but it was pretty obvious that I was a hopeless case.

As I thought I was getting the hang of it, I managed to shoot my own character. The look of disappointment on his face spoke. "G. You are the worst player I have ever met," he laughs aloud.

"Don't laugh at me," I smack his arm, but he is unable to contain his laughter. He fell off the couch, pausing the game first of course, and laughed for awhile.

I pouted, feeling bad about my skill. I knew that I would have to practice and get really good, so when Jake came back I would be able to beat him.

"You wait, I'll beat you someday," I insist. At this point he didn't believe me at all due to how awfully I was playing before.

He stopped laughing, and gasped for air because he had been laughing so hard. I rolled my eyes.

I rested my head on his lap, and he resumed the game.

The doorbell rang, and I hesitantly got up from my extremely comfortably spot on the couch.

I unlocked the door and swung it open, to see a hurt looking Shawn standing on the doorway. He smiled at me, and I couldn't help the smile that formed on my very own lips. "Hey, G. Want to hang out? We haven't in awhile."

I thought about leaving Jake and going to hang out with Shawn, because I hadn't done anything with him in so long and I truly missed him. But I knew Jake would probably find out over Snapchat, and he would get the wrong idea.

"Hey Shawn," I smile, "I'm sorry, Jake is over, I'll text you when he leaves and we can hang then. Sound good?"

He nods, but I noticed the gleam in his eyes slowly fade away when I mention Jake. I ignore it.

"Oh.. Yeah that's fine, I'm free."

"Okay, see you soon," I wave, and shut the door slowly. Jake walks up behind me and wraps his arms around my waist, and turns me around.

"Babe, I don't want you around him," he says, "his feelings for you are more than obvious and I don't want that affecting our relationship so please, don't see him anymore."

"But Jake," I say, annoyed, "He's my friend. He doesn't like me, we are both in relationships. Don't you trust me?"

"I trust you, not Mendes."

I frown, and then scoff, before realizing that Jake should be more important to me than a friendship. "Yeah, sure, okay."

"That's my girl," he slowly presses his lips to mine.

•••

Jake left around two hours later after some more cuddling and ordering a pizza, which we devoured in no time.

I laid in my bed, my head rested comfortably on the pillow. I had received a text from Shawn, and I carefully set my phone down on my pillow, shut my eyes, and thought about what Jake had said to me today.

Now that I was thinking about it, he was wrong. Shawn was always there for me, always a great friend to me. He was there whenever I needed him to be.

As my boyfriend, he should trust me and support my decisions as who is my friend and who isn't. Even if Shawn liked me, he has never acted on his feelings, and extremely respectful towards me. There was no reason for Jake to feel threatened, and he was in no position to tell me not to be friends with someone.

I huff, crossing my arms over my chest. As much as I love Jake, he was being a fucking asshole.

I found myself dialing Shawn's number into my phone. I was indecisive about my decision, so when Shawn first answered I didn't respond right away.

Finally, I say, "Hey Shawn."

"Oh hey, how was your date thing?" he asks.

"Good, I had fun. Can you come over?" I ask, thankful that Ryan likes Shawn, since it was pretty late.

"Be there in 5, see you soon," he says, then hanging up.

I was going to tell him about what Jake had said, and possibly ask him if we could keep our friendship lowkey so I could be friends with Shawn and date Jake at the same time without any issues.

Five minutes later, just like he said he'd be, there was a firm knock on the door and I find myself saying a quick prayer that Shawn understands what I am about to tell him and doesn't get mad.