Chapter Two

As soon we reached the school, I was astonished by the size. It was a lot bigger than the one I was used to attending.

When I climbed out of the car, I noticed Shawn wandering over to some of his friends. I scoff.

Thanks for the help, buddy, I really appreciate it. I'm sure I can find my way through this gigantic high school by myself, really.

I didn't think Shawn would be one of those guys. Maybe I'm judging too soon, but by the looks of it, that was the jock group. And it didn't seem as if Shawn belonged there.

Either way, aside from who he's friends with, I really hoped that he would stick around to help my locate my classes.

I inhale a deep breath, beginning to pick up my pace. I awkwardly walk into the building, alone.

My high tops scurried to the office as I pushed open the door, and smile shyly at the lady sitting at the desk. She had short, brown hair that framed her face, and was a bit chunky. She wore quite a lot of make up, with khaki pants and a fancy, frilly maroon shirt.

"May I help you?" the lady snapped, looking up from her phone where she appeared to be playing Candy Crush.

"Its my first day," I said, quietly. I tucked my hair behind my ear, and her face softened.

"Oh! Well in that case, I'm Mrs. Johnson. What's your name, hun? Don't be so shy, I don't bite!" she exclaimed.

Yeah, because I really thought you were going to bite me.

"Grace Morrow," I spoke a bit firmer, but there was some politeness in the tone. Since she wasn't speaking as sternly, I was able to feel more confident.

"Well, hello, Grace! Why don't I call someone down to show you around, and I'll match your schedule with theirs."

I didn't argue, but I was extremely terrified that I would get matched with someone who I didn't get along with.

"Okay," I agree.

She called down to one of the homerooms, as I sat down in a blue, cushioned chair and 'read'. I had my phone inside the book as I opened some snapchats from my friends back at home.

"He's here!" the lady st the desk cheers.

"Huh? What?" I asked, startled by her voice as I closed the book and put my phone into my purse. I held the book in my hands, hoping that someday I'd actually have the motivation to read it.

"I said he's here," she repeated, staring at me blandly.

"Oh!" my cheeks flushed.

"Jake, this is Grace," she introduced.

I looked up to see an extremely hot guy, smiling down at me. I was already blushing before, but I'm pretty sure my cheeks became darker when I saw Jake.

His brown hair was pulled into a fluffy, messy quiff, and his eyes were green on the outside, but blue on the inside. Wow, I could stare at those all day.

We exchanged greetings, before she shooed us out of the room, telling us to get to class.

"So where are you from?" he asked.

I smiled at him still feeling timid, "I'm not from anywhere in Canada, I'm from New York City."

I got two hot guys to talk to me in ONE day! Is this real life?

"Oh. I've always wanted to go there, its much better than here, eh?" He asks curiously. We walked through the never ending hallways together, searching for my locker.

I shrugged, "Not really.. I mean, I did enjoy it there. But there's a lot of snobby people, and it's always really crowded."

"I've seen pictures of it. I'd love to travel there someday, I've never been anywhere like that," he tells me.

"Yeah, you should. There's so much to do around there. It's beautiful, especially around the holidays," I frown, beginning to miss New York.

Before he could respond, we had reached a baby blue painted locker with a black lock. "This one's yours. Here's the combo," he handed me a piece of paper, which I grabbed and neatly arranged all of my stuff with some help from Jake.

"Do you have a girlfriend?" I randomly blurt , instantly covering my mouth. I can feel my cheeks heating up. I guess bin talking to me builder me enough confidence to ask something that is definitely not my business.

His cheeks turned red and he chuckles awkwardly, "No. Do you have a boyfriend?" he asked me.

"No," I say, instantly feeling shy again.

I grab some binders for my first few classes, before closing my locker. Together, we began walking to some of our classes.

"You can sit with me and my friends at lunch, it must be hard being the new kid," he chuckled. Honestly, I put no thought into lunch yet, but I was thankful because I probably would've sat by myself.

"Thanks," I reply, genuinely meaning it.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

The last period bell chimed, and I practically bolted for the door. I already was sick of school, and we aren't even that far into the year.

I headed to my locker to see Jake walking away with his friends. I didn't expect him to wait for me, but if I had any issues I was screwed.

I put in my combination, and lifted the latch. Nothing.

I put it in again, and lifted the latch with greater force. Nothing.

"Third times' a charm," I mumbled, re entering the combination for the third time, and pulling the lock. Nothing.

"Shit," I hissed, kicking the old piece of junk, beginning to get angry and frustrated.

"Need help?" A voice asked from behind me, making me jump.

Shawn.

"What's your combo?" he asks, and I move over as he fumbles with the lock.

I read him my combination off of the paper I received from the office. He puts in all the numbers, the my locker immediately opens. He smirks.

"What the fuck? How'd you do that?," I ask, as I began to pack my backpack.

"Not sure. But one thing I do know is that you missed the bus," he informs me, the smirk on his face growing.

I closed the locker door, carefully hitting my head on the old piece of junk.

"Maybe Ryan could pick me up," I sputtered, whipping out my phone, until Shawn stopped me.

"I'll drive you," he winked.

I hated how nervous it made me when he winked at me like that. But gosh, it was cute.