Chapter Thirty Seven

G R A C E ' S     P O V

"Cover your eyes, no peeking!" Shawn laughs to himself, plopping a heavy box onto my lap. Shaking my head, I bring my hands up and cover my eyes with them. Once the box reaches my lap, I jump, startled, not expecting his gift for me to be so heavy. "Okay, open!"

Shawn and his sister were celebrating Christmas with us. I felt bad, because my gift for Aaliyah seemed so small in comparison of what I got for Shawn. In my defense, however, I had only met her a few times and I didn't feel as if it were necessary to go all out on someone I wasn't that close with.

Anyways, Shawn was celebrating with us because his dad was out of town for the holidays. I felt bad for him, since Christmas was really all about being with your family, and his wasn't here to be with him. We didn't mind having him and his sister, Ryan practically invited him over right off the bat. I was glad to spend Christmas with my brother and my best friend.

Shawn and I were exchanging our gifts for one another. He ended up sleeping over the previous night, which was somewhat an accident. After he ate with his grandparents, he ended up coming over and we cuddled in my bed and watched Christmas movies. I liked being around him, and Ryan didn't really mind when he saw me and Shawn tangled up in my bed the following morning.

We were both wearing our Christmas pajamas, our hair messy. For once in my life, I didn't care that I was around a boy and not wearing make up.

"Jeez, did you wrap up a bunch of bricks?" I ask, giggling. The box was quite large, and it felt pretty full when you tried to lift it up. The wrapping paper had puppies wearing Santa hats all over it, and I smiled to myself.

I had insisted that we both open our gifts at the same time because I was awkward when I opened my gifts and didn't want all of the attention on me.

Once we were both situated, holding our gifts, we countdown from five and then tear open the wrapping paper. Although Shawn agreed we would open our gifts at the same time, he paused and watched me, smiling widely. I open the box, and the first thing I see is a small white box with 'Pandora' written accords the top. "Shawn... you did not," I whine, not wanting him to spend a lot on me.

I open it to see two gorgeous gold rings. My jaw dropped as I removed them both from the box.

Although there was more to my gift from him, I slid them both onto my ring finger and went to give him a hug

Although there was more to my gift from him, I slid them both onto my ring finger and went to give him a hug. "You seriously didn't have to do that. I love them, thank you so much," I grin. I looked down and noticed them sparking on my finger, and I was amazed at how gorgeous they were.

"You're welcome," he tells me, chuckling and planting a kiss on my forehead. I move closer to him and sit. I don't know how Shawn had the money to do all of this. From the looks of it, the rings he selected weren't cheap and I began to feel bad about my own gift.

"Your turn to open something from yours!" I tell him, motioning for him to begin opening his gift. I sit back, and the first thing he pulls out is the red vans I purchased for him. His had become extremely worn out overtime, and he continued to wear them despite the rips forming in the material. I decided it was time for him to finally get a new pair.