Chapter Ten

Grace's POV

Today, Morgan dragged me to a stereotypical high school party because apparently Robbie was going to be there, so she just couldn't stay away.

Well, she didn't say it like that, but still.

I was slightly pissed because I knew when I got there, I would be the third wheel and feel bad about that and leave them alone for the rest of the night. Which sucks for me, considering I have no idea who's actually going.

Sighing, I grabbed a black, tight sundress that cut mid thigh, gold pumps, a curling wand, my straightener, plus my make up bag and trudged down the steps. "Ryan, I'm going to sleep over my friend Morgan's tonight," I yelled.

"Have fun!" he yelled back, carelessly.

I inhaled a deep breath as I climbed into my newish Honda Civic and sped away to Morgan's to prepare for the party.

I tried to drive as slow as possible, because I was totally not looking forward to tonight. I've personally never been to a high school party, but I dread the thought. Just a bunch of shameless teenagers drinking underaged, the smell of body odor and alcohol fuming through the air. The lights would be dimmed and strobe lights would flash different colors, making the room brighter.

I snapped out of my thoughts when I reached Morgan's, and inhaled, yet another, deep breath.

I grabbed the duffel bag that contained my stuff and unbuckled my seatbelt, carefully jumping out the car and slamming the door.

I scurried to the door and rank the small, circular door bell, the chime echoing throughout the house.

"Hey Grace!" Morgan squealed, gripping my wrist and leading me up a flight of carpeted stairs.

"Okay, so I selected this out of my wardrobe, and I just needed your opinion," she showed me black leather high waisted shorts and a white crop top with 'OBEY' written in black, bolded letters. A pair of black pumps sat beside them on her bed.

"Yes! That's so cute!" I remarked.

I showed her my selection, and she really liked it. I decided I was going to do both of our make up and hair, because Morgan admitted to knowing really nothing about the two.

I did a black smokey eye on Morgan, and accented her eyes with mascara. I coated her lips with lip gloss, and smiled at the outcome.

Plugging in the straightener, I combed out Morgan's hair and waited for the iron to heat up. A few minutes later, I was straightening Morgan's thin, dirty blonde locks to perfection. She looked stunning.

I took a seat at her vanity, thinking about what I would do for myself. An idea popped into mind, and I found myself doing a nude smokey eye, applying mascara to emphasize my caramel colored eyes.

A nude lipstick was used to color my lips, and I plugged in my beloved curling iron and observed my reflection in the vanity. I loved it, honestly.

I began curling my brown locks with natural blonde highlights. Once my hair was in perfect ringlets, I was beyond satisfied, so I unplugged the iron and slipped on my pumps.

I borrowed one of Morgan's clutches because I forgot mine, and plopped my phone inside before leading Morgan to my car.

Once we were settled in, I began driving us to the rich kids house, I believe his name was Brian.

We arrived at the gigantic mansion, and Morgan dragged me in to find Robbie. He was soon spotted talking to some friends, and Morgan approached him while I detached myself to avoid third wheeling.

I approached a leather couch and sat down, texting Shawn a quick 'Hey' to try and ease my state or boredom.

When I didn't receive a reply, I began wandering around the house. Once I entered the kitchen, I noticed Jake standing at the counter with some random boys, a red solo cup placed in his right hand.

"Hey! Grace, can I get you a drink?" he asked politely.

"Nah. I don't drink, sorry," I shrugged my shoulders, leaning my elbows on the marble countertop.

"Oh, come on. Don't be one of those boring party poopers. One drink won't kill you!" he exclaimed, adding a wink at the end.

"Well..," What the hell, why not? "Yeah, whatever," I sighed.

He filled a red solo cup with an unidentified alcoholic substance.

"Here you go!" he placed the cup in my hands, and I took small sips as I tried to ignore the strong burning in the back of my throat.

"Good, eh?" He questioned, slightly tilting his cup.

"I suppose. What is it?" I questioned, taking another sip of the substance.

"Vodka. Want more?" I hadn't noticed my cup was empty. I wasn't thinking right when my head nodded happily as a smile danced onto my lips.

The cup was taken from me, and refilled. I kept drinking, until I was basically drunk, which was around five drinks later.

My steps were wobbly, but I managed to take a seat on a comfy barstool. Another full cup of Vodka was placed between my fingers.

I couldn't control myself. I was going crazy. I felt like a puppet, having no control over my own actions.

"I'll be right back," the somewhat sober Jake announced as he excused himself from the kitchen.

While he was gone, a cold substance was poured onto my head, dripping down to my dress and soaking my hair. A chorus of laughter was heard as the stench of beer filled my nose, and I somewhat sobered up.

Turning around, I noticed Arielle, Anna, and Hailey all with empty bottles clutched in their fingers, smiles as real as plastic plastered across their faces.

My head whirled. On any other occasion, I would of beat them shitless. But I felt weak, and a disgusting taste rose from my throat.

Increasing my pace to the bathroom, I puked. Everywhere.

At this moment, I didn't care that I had beer all over me or that I just threw up. I needed to get out of here.

I dug into my clutch and pulled out my phone, dialling Shawn's phone number as my eyes teared from embarrassment and defeat.

"Hello?" he answered.

"Shawn! I need you to pick me up from the party right now! Please," I cried, clenching a fist.

"Oh. Okay. See you soon," he spoke before hanging up.

A few minutes of me sitting on the curb later, Shawn's car pulled up, and I hopped in quickly.

"Grace! Why are you covered in beer?" he scrunched his nose.

"They did it to me," I wailed. "And then I threw up. It was Anna, Hailey, and Arielle!" I cried.

"Let's get you home. You can come back to my house and shower, then we'll watch some movies, okay?"

But it was not okay. It really wasn't. I was publicly embarrassed in front of everyone. It will never be okay.