Chapter Thirteen

I sat on the cushioned window ledge of my new room, pulling back the curtains and staring into the street. I didn't care that I probably looked like a creepy psycho, ever since Shawn held my hand, I've been a completely different person.

I'm always cheery anymore, and it's even beginning to annoy myself. But, it's good, because I'm a step closer to second base with Shawn.

Shawn. Speaking of Shawn, I found myself staring into the windows of his room, hoping to see him. Wow, that's not weird.

Instead, the view I visioned, him changing his shirt, was replaced by Shawn loading some belongings into a suitcase. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

Shrugging it off, I danced around my room and thought about all of the events that occurred almost four days ago. I couldn't help the smile that formed on my face.

I closed the curtains and decided to scroll through my instagram feed. During this, I noticed the same picture on Shawn's, Morgan's, and Robbie's instagram. They were all huddled together, and the caption was 'gonna miss this kid!'.

I thought friends weren't supposed to leave other friends out? And especially if Shawn is going somewhere, I would like to be there to say goodbye.

I scrolled past it, pretending as if it wasn't there. It still hurt, plus it managed to wipe the continuous smile from my lips.

I glanced at the clock. My dancing lesson was in about a half hour, so I began getting ready.

If you're wondering, yes, the studio I belong to does have locker rooms. However, I hate them, because:

A) They make people feel self conscious about dressing with strangers,

B) They either reek terribly of perfume or sweat and typically are rarely cleaned,

and

C) If you can avoid using them, you probably should for all reasons possible, there is basically nothing right about locker rooms.

I dressed into a black leotard, tan tights, and some black booty shorts. My hair was pulled into a loose, sloppy ponytail. My favorite thing about me had to be my hair. It was long, a deep shade of brown with natural highlights.

I smiled at my reflection in the mirror and packed myself a few cold water bottles and went out to the car to go to dance. I saw Shawn sharing hugs with my two 'friends' and scoffed a bit as I sat in the car and began driving, refusing to look in their direction.

Being left out is probably one of the worst feelings in the whole world.

I refused to let it get to me. If they don't care, well, why the hell should I?

As I pulled into the dance studio, the smile was back onto my lips. Dance always made me happier.

Shawn's POV

Magcon this weekend was very, very well needed. As things progressively got worse, my senses kicked in that I need to do something.

I gave Morgan and Robbie gigantic hugs as I loaded my suitcase into the car, informing them I'd miss them and all, before I climbed into the drivers seat.

Aaliyah hopped into the seat next to me, letting out a sigh of relief as she buckled her seat belt and slumped in her chair.

Yes, I felt awful about not inviting Grace to say goodbye to me. But I wasn't exactly planning for my two other friends to show up, it just kind of happened. One minute I'm packing, and the next two losers show up with a pizza. Of course I let them stay.

I turned on the radio, cranking the dial so it was at a high volume, rolling down the windows, and slipping on my favorite pair of Ray Bans.

I could tell, this weekend would be paradise. Meeting all of the wonderful people that give me opportunities like this, hanging out with my second family, it'll all be good.

Unfortunately, good doesn't last forever.