Chapter Six

S H A W N 'S     P O V

When the sun rose up into the beautiful sky, I had awoken from a good night's sleep. Fortunately, Aaliyah and I keep a pair of spare clothes inside my car just in case we need to get away for the night.

So, I took my fresh supply of clothes and turned on the hot shower, undressing and stepping onto the steamy sensation.

The hotel supplied all of our toiletries and things, so we really had nothing to worry about. We had everything we needed to get ready in the morning for school.

I cleansed my body in the steaming water, instantly feeling refreshed and awake. I then proceeded to wash my hair, the soap suds making it look white. Once I finished, I washed everything out and sighed, knowing Aaliyah took forever to get ready for school. I turned off the water and stepped out, reaching for a towel.

After I dressed into khaki shorts, Nike socks, and a white v-neck, I did my usual morning routine which consisted of spiking my hair so it looked softer, brushing my teeth, and spraying some cologne. Somewhat satisfied with my appearance, I hurried out of the bathroom and woke up my sister, handing her her clothes and telling her to go get ready for school.

I slipped my beloved red vans on my feet and played on my phone until the bathroom door opened and Aaliyah scrambled to slip white converse on her feet and sling her backpack around her shoulder. Running slightly late, I led my sister to my car and began my journey to the middle school. Pulling into the lot, I let out my sister and sped off to the shitty high school.

Sighing, relieved that I was slightly early, the bell rang in two minutes, I ran into the building and shoved my backpack in my locker and grabbing my first period binder. I hurried into the classroom and as I sat down, the bell ringing as soon as I was seated.

I began talking with my friends but one thing flashed through my brain.

Grace

G R A C E ' S      P O V

After sitting on the front steps and waiting for Shawn's car to pull up in the narrow driveway, I began to lose hope that he would come get me. Although it wasn't a long walk to school, I guaranteed I'd be late and look like absolute shit once I got there.

But Ryan would kill me if I didn't go to school at all. Better late than never. .

I swung the door open and started walking to school. Shawn must have a reasonable explanation to just blow me off and not even shoot me a text or something to let me know he wouldn't be coming. Now I would be forced to face the embarrassment of being late. Thankfully, I hadn't accumulated any latenesses before so I would probably just be given a warning.

I was just a few blocks into my walk when the time came for homeroom to begin. I began to become stressed, for I really hated being late.

Groaning, I continued to pick up my pace until my least favorite place came into my viewpoint just in time for first period. At this point, I was a sweaty mess from walking so bad and the wind had completely fucked up my hair.

I swung the door open to the main office and quickly walked in. Once I reached my locker, I put in my combination. Then, I stuffed all of my belongings in my crammed locker and grabbed my first period binder and scurried to the classroom.

"Grace? Would you like to tell the class why you're late?" Mr. Boylan's deep voice sounded annoyed as the whole classes attention was focused on me. I hated being the center of attention, and I could feel the color of my cheeks becoming a dark shade of red.

"No, I'd rather not," I replied, faking a smile and taking the open seat next to a nerdy looking boy as oppose to my assigned seat next to Shawn. I wasn't sure what his name was, but he seemed like a pretty nice kid. Plus, he's smart so I could probably get some answers off of him if I really needed to.

The teacher rolled his eyes, "As I was saying...." and that's when I completely zoned out. I felt pretty exhausted, not to mention I couldn't care less about anything Mr. Boylan was talking about. I never paid attention in his class, and always managed to get good grades. So why start paying attention now?

I sat with Morgan at lunch, and in the middle of our conversation, two trays plopped down next to ours.

"Hey!" Robbie and Shawn chirped, taking a seat.

"Hey, Robbie," I said, ignoring Shawn.

"Grace," he said, "I'm really sorry! I had a really busy morning and I totally forgot," he frowned. He had a sad look in his eyes, and I sighed to myself. However, being the petty bitch I am, I knew I had to stand my ground.

I continued eating, acting oblivious to the fact the kid was even there. I felt terrible ignoring him and I knew that eventually I was going to have to forgive Shawn eventually.

"Come on, G. You know I wouldn't forget about you on purpose! I had a lot on my mind," he explicates, a desperate sound in his tone.

"What were you thinking about?" I asked curiously, taking a bite of my sandwich.

"I don't want to talk about it," he mumbles, this time sounding more defeated in his tone. I should have let it slide, I knew that Shawn wouldn't hurt me. But of course, being the psycho bitch I am, I had a hard letting it go.

"So you didn't pick me up and aren't even going to tell me why?" I continue to press. Morgan and Robbie watched us in silence, listening to everything we were saying to each other.

"You're overreacting," he tells me, shifting to the side so he isn't facing me anymore. He diverts his attention to his lunch and begins eating

"I don't know why you make it seem like you're so stressed," I begin to ramble, "you're famous, for fucks sake, and everyone loves you!"

I know I had crossed the line with that comment. I should have kept my mouth shut, and I knew that karma would come around
and bite me in the ass later on.

"You don't know the fucking half of it," he says softly as he  stands up from his seat at our table, taking his unfinished lunch with him. "Just..... just leave me alone."

"Robbie, do you know anything about Shawn? Like what's going on at home?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. I was sure that something had to of been going on, but I couldn't even begin to imagine what type of difficulties he could be having. And I felt like absolute shit.

"No. No one ever goes over his house. You shouldn't have assumed that, Grace. I'm going to go check on him," Robbie says, standing up and following in Shawn's direction. I deeply sigh, losing my appetite. I pushed my food to the side and rested my head in my hands. Thankfully, Morgan stayed behind with me so I wasn't by myself, which I really appreciated.

"It's okay," she tells me, "he'll forgive you. You didn't know any better."

But honestly, all I could think about was how awful I felt for blowing everything up and making him leave that way.