Chapter Thirty One

Grace's POV

The school day went by just like any other day. I avoided Shawn,  except for at lunch, when I really didn't have a choice but to address him after the dream I had. He tapped my shoulder as he slid into the spot next to me at the lunch table. "Good afternoon, G," he says, opening his brown paper bag, "I got you something!"

I raise my eyebrows, "What's in the bag, Mendes?" I ask. I was pretty curious of what he had gotten me, considering me and Shawn rarely talked about food interests. And if we did, I could not remember the conversations whatsoever.

"Close your eyes and hold out your hands!" he demands, in a very high pitched voice I might add.

Rolling my eyes, I do as he says, "You're such a child," I mumble.

"Hey! I could take this gift back right now," he tells me, as he reluctantly places a box and an envelope in my hands. "Ta da! Now open."

I open my eyes, as instructed, to see a box of sour Skittles. I had no clue how Shawn knew that these were my favorite candies, but I didn't question him as I opened the envelope. "Shawn, what's this?" I ask, even though I will find out pretty soon after.

I pull out two tickets and furrow my eyebrows. He grabs them from my hands, grinning wildly. "You know how that new Ouija movie is out? Well, I got two tickets to see it tonight! Sweet, right? And it's not a local theater so we don't have to worry about Jake getting mad. What do you say?" he asks, with that goofy smile on his face.

How on earth could anyone say no to that? "Shawn, this is so cute," I laugh, "of course I will!"

"I'll pick you up at six," he tells me. "Wait, where's Morgan and Robbie?"

Honestly, I was so caught up in Shawn's present to even notice their absence at the table. However, they stroll in a couple minutes later, slamming their books down on the table. Startled, I jumped in my seat, "Jeez, what happened to you guys?"

They each whip out a detention slip, causing me and Shawn to burst out laughing. I snatch Morgan's from her hand and read the reason for the referral. I read aloud, "Inappropriate contact with another student in hallway."

Shawn laughs, "What were you guys doing that was so bad that you needed to get written up for?"

"Robbie came to my locker so we could walk together, right? Just like everyday. And when I saw him, we kissed. It was a simple peck, but not for Miss Snyder. I swear-" Morgan rants, but Robbie cuts her off,

"Morgs, it was a little more than just a peck," he laughs, "It's going to be okay."

"It's not okay," she argues, "This is really going to mess up my perfect record," she babbles. "And now I have to stay after school for a detention! My parents are going to kill me."

Morgan angrily pulls out her sandwich and begins stress eating. I could always tell when she was doing this because of the look of annoyance on her face. Her leg was bouncing excessively under the table, and I could tell Robbie noticed because he placed a protective hand on her thigh.

"If you want," he offers, "I'll take you out for ice cream after. And I'll tell your parents it was my fault."

Her eyes softened, and she gave him a soft smile, "I'd like that. My parents love you anyways."

Shawn and I made 'awww' noises in the background. They were honestly such a good couple and I was so happy for both of them.

The bell rang, and Shawn made sure to remind me of our plans for later that evening. The rest of the day went by painfully slow; consisting of me watching the clock, reading, and solving equations. By the time the day was over, I was ready to go home and take a nap.

I was at my locker, packing up my books, when Jake approached me. "Hey, babe," he says, leaning on the locker next to mine.

"Hey," I smile, "how was your day?"

"Boring," he shrugs, "but guess what! I got tickets to the ice hockey game tonight, do you want to come?"

I immediately froze, baffled. I knew I was going to have to lie to him, which is what I absolutely did not want. "I actually can't tonight Jake, I'm sorry. I have plans with Ryan."

I could feel the lie slip from my mouth, and I anxiously awaited his response. "Oh... that's okay. I'm sure I can find someone else to go with me."

I immediately felt bad. If Jake found out I lied, that could really end everything. "I'm sorry, Jake. I'd love to go some other time," I say, trying to brighten the mood, and he simply smiles back at me.

As soon as we got outside, I realized that I had forgotten my jacket in my locker. The cold air hit me like a ton of bricks, and I immediately started to shiver. Jake noticed pretty quick.

"Princess, are you cold?" he asks, and I nod. He proceeds to pull his hoodie over his head, and extend his arm towards me so I can take it.

"Oh my goodness," I say, extremely thankful for him, "you are too damn cute."

I pull the hoodie over my head, inhaling Jake's smell. And let me tell you, this boys cologne is not cheap. "Better?" he asks, reaching for my hand.

I nod, "Much better."

He leads me to his car, where he opens the passenger door for me and then swings around to his side of the car. As we drove, listening to Panic! At The Disco, I cuddled into Jake's hoodie, finding a lot of comfort.

When we reach my house, I thank him and reach for the car door. But he stops me and grabs my hand, pulling my face close to his where he places a tender kiss upon my lips. "I'll see you tomorrow, G," he says, and I walk out of the car with a huge smile on my face.

A/N
hey guys! i am still here! it has been such a long time since i have been able to access wattpad. i played a fall sport and we practiced six days a week, which was very exhausting! but on top of that, i am in all honors  classes and it has taken me a long time to get back in the grove of my writing. since the season is over i will have more time to come on here and update and interact with you guys. i am so sorry for the extremely long wait! I love you all!