Chapter Eleven

Grace's POV

I collected all of my wet, brown highlighted hair and carelessly put it in a bun. Shawn had insisted to lend me an extremely fuzzy pair of sweatpants and an equally as soft hoodie.

I bounded down the steps to see Shawn standing by the coffee pot, watching intensely as the coffee poured into the cup.

When it was full enough, he instructed me to drink, which I did. The unwelcoming taste filled my mouth, but I just kept drinking for the sake of being sober and my breath that had to of smelled horrid.

Once I was finished, Shawn collected movies, two packs of Sour Patch Kids, and two Pepsi's. I grinned and sat on the couch, and Shawn sat beside me, pulling a soft blue blanket over us.

He turned on the TV and began playing the movie, Marlie and Me. Which sucks, because I'm a sucker for sad movies.

By the end of the movie, I was bawling my eyes out. Shawn was also crying.

"Hey! You're crying!" I pointed out.

"What? No I'm not. Liar," He whipped away a few tears, "Aaliyah said it wasn't sad and the dog lived! I will kill her!"

"Shawn, calm down," I continued sobbing.

Shawn's arm was wrapped around my shoulder, both my arms were around his torso. Me head smuggled into his chest, and his rested in the crook of my neck.

That's how we stayed, until my sobbing was more controlled, and my eyes grew heavy.

I think I can finally admit it. I have a crush on Shawn Mendes. Although it's only been two weeks, he's been welcoming, kind, sweet, and forgiving.

That's when I fell asleep, in Shawn's arms, wishing I could stay there forever.

*******

By the morning, Shawn was already awake and playing with my hair. "Morning Sunshine!" he cooed as I woke up.

"Morning," I grinned, hugging him tighter.

We watched some TV together again, until Shawn perked up.

"Oh my gosh. I forgot about my da-wait. I'm sorry Grace, but I'm going over to a family party in an hour. I need to get ready," Shawn panicked.

"Alright, I'll go," I smiled, standing on my tiptoes and pecking Shawn's cheek, watching as it turned a dark shade of pink. "Bye now!"

"Bye," Shawn mumbled, scurrying up the stairs as I let myself out, running away from his house and to my own. I could not get the smile off of my face, I probably looked so stupid.

Did I care? No. I just had a cutesey, coupley night with the guy I like. I could probably to a back flip now.

I'm not going to try for safety reasons, however. I let myself in and ran up the stairs to change.

Awe this is adorable. Kinda a filler, but this story is planned out so yeah.