Chapter Three

I typed 'YouTube' into my new Macbook that Ryan provided me. He had been spending a lot of money on me lately, insisting that it was for schooling purposes. But really, I felt as if he was sorry about what happened and wanted to apologize for not being there for me through belongings. Which was completely unnecessary, but I wasn't complaining.

On the way home the other day, Shawn had told me he liked to sing and play he guitar, so I asked him to sing me something.

I could tell Shawn became a little shy and began to stutter. "Um, n-no, but y-you can watch me YouTube if you r-really want to," he'd told me.

So that's what I did. I typed his name into the search bar, and was immediately surprised at how many followers that he managed to accumulate.

I wanted to watch all of his videos, but I started  with A Drop In The Ocean by Ron Pope. I had never heard the song before, but Shawn looked extremely young in the video, pulling me in.

I smiled creepily at my computer as Shawn introduced himself, and informed his viewers it was not the whole song because he wouldn't be singing the second verse.

He carefully began strumming his guitar, taking a deep breath before singing, 

"A drop in the ocean, a change in the weather,

I was praying that you and me might end up together,

It's like wishing for rain as I stand in the desert,

But I'm holding you closer than most,

Cause you are my heaven,"

My jaw was practically on the floor, I had no idea that Shawn was this talented. He seemed so comfortably on camera, which surprised me because he was extremely timid about his talent earlier.

"It's like wishing for rain,

As I stand in the weather,"

I could tell that Shawn a mistake at this part, but honestly, it wasn't very noticeable. It didn't affect how talented he was, and I found myself jealous of all his abilities. 

It's hard to believe that Shawn was only fourteen years old when he uploaded this cover.

I made the decision of staying up all night, watching his videos repeatedly. I knew I would have all of the songs stuck in my head for the next few days, but I didn't mind. Although I'd just became familiar with his talent, I found myself feeling addicted to his voice.

I wondered how long it took Shawn to get as far as he did. I wondered when he started playing the guitar and realizing he could make wonders with his voice.

I wasn't even sure when I ended up falling asleep that night, but I knew I had only gotten a few hours of sleep.

By the next morning, I could barely get out of bed. I instantly regretted my decision to stay up late as I decided to take a quick shower to wake myself up.

I stripped from my loose T-shirt and thick PJ shorts with a heart pattern printed on them, and grabbed a pink fluffy towel from the closet.

I turned on the water, waiting for it to warm up, before I stepped into the shower and coated the loofa with some tropical citrus scented body wash.

I squirted some of my favorite Pantene shampoo into my hair, scrubbing it in until the suds covered my entire head of hair. I then proceed to wash it out, running my fingers through my thick hair as I did so. Afterwards, I reach for my conditioner where I take way more than the suggested amount and lather it into my hair. Once I rinsed it out, I turned off the water, grabbing the towel to wrap around my body.