Chapter 5

Kenzie Benson's POV
Did this lady really say she's my real mom? NO! YOUR NOT MY MOM! MY MOM LEFT ME AND ITS MY FAULT! ITS ALL MY FAULT! I start rocking myself back and forth saying I was a bad girl that's why mommy left me. I was very bad. "Kenzie honey, I didn't leave you. Please let me explain what happened."I decide to look up at her and ask with tears in my eyes, are you really my real mommy? "Yes Kenzie I am, the only reason you haven't been with me since you were born was because they told me you died baby. I had no idea until this morning that you were still alive. I'm so sorry for everything that has happened but I promise I will never leave you. I love you so much Kenzie." I just start crying and I can't stop. I feel arms wrap around me and I flinch and try to get out of it. But then I hear that lady's voice saying it's okay I'm here. I look up at her and say mommy? "Yes baby mommy is here and everything is going to be okay. I love you so much baby. We will get through this together." Are you going to keep me mommy or send me back to that mean man? After I ask that I see tears rolling down her face. IM SORRY I WILL GO BACK! PLEASE DON'T HURT ME! "Kenzie calm down please! I will NEVER send you back to that man your mine forever. I also will NEVER hurt you. When your well enough to leave your coming home with me sweetheart." Really mommy? "Yes baby, are you in pain?" Yes it hurts so bad! "Okay, I will get a nurse." PLEASE DON'T LEAVE MOMMY! IM SORRY ITS MY FAULT BUT PLEASE DON'T LEAVE!!! "I'm not going anywhere sweetie I'm just going to push the call button." The nurse comes in and gives me medicine that makes me sleepy but I don't want to close my eyes. "Go to sleep Kenzie, I promise I will be here when you wake up." That's the last thing I hear before I fall asleep.
                                                 Olivia Benson's POV
Kenzie just fell asleep, I can't stop the tears falling down my face. My poor baby is terrified of me, afraid I'm going to hurt her or leave her. Why did this have to happen? I definitely have a long road ahead of getting her to trust me. I hear a quiet knock on the door then I see Ed, I quickly run to his arms and start sobbing. He holds me tight and strokes my hair. She's terrified of me Ed she's afraid I'm going to hurt her and leave her. "Everything is going to be okay Liv, she will trust you in time." I hope so Ed." After a while I cried myself to sleep in his arms. A few hours later I wake up because I hear screaming, I'm still outside Kenzie's room with Ed. KENZIE?! I burst into the room and see her crying hysterically in the bed. Kenzie what's wrong? "I had a bad dream then I woke up and you weren't here. You said you wouldn't leave me! "I didn't baby, I was right outside the door talking to my boyfriend. "No! He will hurt me! Your going to sell me to him! She starts sobbing. I rush to her side and say no Kenzie I would NEVER sell you to anyone. He is really nice and a police officer just like me. How about you go back to sleep and I will lay here with you. "Okay mommy, please don't leave." I won't, I'm going to hold you okay?" She nods her head as I hold her close while we both drift off to sleep.