Chapter 13

Kenzie Benson's POV
Today my moms boyfriend Ed is coming over again. I am really trying to like him because he makes my mom happy but I'm still afraid of him. I'm laying in bed because my ribs hurt and I'm waiting for my medicine to kick in. I played with my little brother Noah this morning. I love him, he is so cute! I really like to play, I'm happy my mommy lets me play. She will is the best mommy, I'm so happy she rescued me from the mean man. I hear a knock on my door and say come in mom. "Hey Kenzie, how are you feeling?" A little better mommy. "Ed is here do you want to come say hi? He won't hurt you baby, he actually bough you something." I look up at her and say okay mommy. I walk with my mom out to the living room and see Ed. Hi Ed. "Hi Kenzie, are you feeling any better?" A little. "I got you something for being so brave your whole life." I look at my mom and she nods her head so I take the bag from him. "I hope you like it Kenzie." I open the bag and take out a box that says Polly pockets. It comes with different outfits to dress her in and a little house for her. I surprise myself by running to him and giving him a hug saying thank you! I feel his arms wrap around me and hug me back. "Your so welcome Kenzie you deserve it." After Ed opened up the Polly pockets I took off into my room to play with them. I guess Ed really won't hurt me.

A/N: Hey guys sorry it's short I just wanted to get something out for you before I wouldn't be able to update for a few days. The next update will be either Wednesday or Thursday. I'm hoping for Wednesday depending what time I get home.