please don't let this turn into something it's not

POV Lloyd's

Lloyd: How's the new house going??
Read, 9:45am

Jay: Great.. How's you and Kai?!
Read, 10:30am

Lloyd: Haven't talked to him since New Years. I guess we're better of as friends
Read, 10:45am

Jay: I vv much shipped you ):
Delivered, 11:30am

I stared at my phone. It gave off a slight buzz and then settled down.

My feet hung over the side of the bed and my blankets covered half of my body.

Still my room was decorated with ninja posters and lights from the better times. Where Kai and I actually talked.

After New Years he never came back from New Zealand. ( come on pride m8).

I felt a pain from my left side. It was from work with all that heavy lifting.

Well, more arguing for a job. I haven't been able to get one ever since the ninja's split up.

We had failed and I guess that was enough of 'dress up' for us. It was time to live an actual life.

The air was crisp and cool on my bare back. I pushed myself up and out of bed.

The apartment was bare. I had an amazing job as a lawyer until I made out with the witness and she had to go run her mouth.

I smiled at the alarm clock as it read 12:00pm.

"Shoot", I grabbed a tee shirt and some jeans.

I was expecting Jay to come over at 12:30. He's usually late for everything so I had about an hour under my belt.

My phone buzzed a sharp ring.

"Hey there it's Lloyd, speak", I held the phone with my shoulder up to my ear.

It was Kai. His voice was shaky.

"H-hey I've gotten myself into big trouble", he sounded like a mustard yellow.

I paused and looked at the clock, I had two minuets to talk.

"I'm in jail and need bail money", He turned to a peachy orange.

My phone dropped out of my grip and my hand were held to my face. I was bursting with blue.