give me a chance to hold on

POV Lloyd's

Rage boiled in my veins and settled in my stagnant heart. Kai stared at me with his deep, caved eyes and ducked down as I went to swing at his head. He's driving me crazy. Saying whatever he feels is necessary to spit out like a raging fire.

"You're so- so", I screamed a drawn out scream and looked Kai dead in the eyes, "you're brave, but not the good kind. We all need some fears. Phobias keep us alive".

Kai shook his head like I was crazy. He's been haunting me ever since he left. His pure face illuminated in the velvety darkness. It's all I ever saw.

His knuckles were red from the hard, cold ground he had steadied himself on. My eyes looking down at him demeaningly. There's no reason to be mad, just all the reasons to hate.

Hate is different than anger.

Hate is mutual, anger is not.

"You're everywhere", hyperventilating people's heads turned to look at the situation. Kai shooed them off and walked closer towards my shaky self.

"L-Lloyd, let's just get inside the car and get to your apartment. We can delegate there", he held my shoulder to then push into the passenger seat of the slick car. He climbed into the drivers. Even just being bailed he was already breaking laws, driving without a goddamned license.
----
     Shakily, I handed the keys to Kai for him to open the black door. My hands sloppily shoved into the pockets of my hoodie.

"Just sit on the couch, please", his voice was softer than before, "I've gotta take a piss".